Home Open Account Help 176 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Burlington, Vt Railfanning Advice

Date: 09/26/22 16:34
Burlington, Vt Railfanning Advice
Author: Passfanatic

Hello, I'm going to be spending the nights between 11/2/22 and 11/6/22 in Burlington, Vermont. I'm flying into Burlington the night of 11/2 but on 11/6, I'll be taking Amtrak back-the Ethan Allen. My hotel is in Downtown Burlington and I plan to spend some time railfanning. I won't be driving up there but plan to spend some time up there with friends. Where are the best spots to photograph in the Burlington area along the route that the Ethan Allen uses? How often and when do freight trains run up there? I also plan to get some pictures of the Vermonter. Thanks for any tips.

Date: 09/27/22 12:53
Re: Burlington, Vt Railfanning Advice
Author: nydepot

Hopefully things have changed. When I visited in 2021, everything on the Vermont Ry and NECR ran at night. :-(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/22 12:54 by nydepot.

Date: 09/27/22 15:19
Re: Burlington, Vt Railfanning Advice
Author: Passfanatic

Good to know about much of the freight being nocturnal. My railfanning time in Burlington will be pretty limited anyway. I plan to photograph the Amtrak trains though-southbound Ethan Allen at multiple spots not only in Burlington. I may go to one of the southern suburbs-maybe one of the days-get the southbound Ethan Allen on camera in Shelburne. At least one of the days, I'll get the southbound Vermonter on camera in Essex Jct. Many of the activities that I spend with my friends won't be rail related.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/22 15:20 by Passfanatic.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0322 seconds