Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Monday along CSX's Trenton Line and DDR's Washington Secondary

Date: 09/26/22 15:42
Monday along CSX's Trenton Line and DDR's Washington Secondary
Author: Pattenburg

On Monday I was able to get out trackside along the Washington Secondary and later in the day out along CSX's Trenton Line. What you see is the photographic images from those trackside jaunts. First, the Dover & Delaware River RR's RP-1 is on its way to Phillipsburg, NJ to drop off one tank car. Motive power was C&D 5304 and C&D 5303. I was surprised to see the one tank car as normally westbound RP-1 usually has a number of Air-Flo hoppers. Later in the day I headed down to Belle Mead since it has been a month or so that I have been there. I was curious to see if the Belle Mead depot was still standing and it was. While I was there, CSX's I030 headed east and I was able to get a shot of the DPU.. Regarding the depot, vandals had torn off some of the boarded up windows which enabled me to get a grab shot of the interior. Seeing the inside, I was reminded of that 'ol saying "...if only these walls could talk what tales they could tell!"

Date: 09/26/22 20:36
Re: Monday along CSX's Trenton Line and DDR's Washington Secondar
Author: Gonut1

Thanks for the post. Somewhat sad for the interior.
So just when did the last Reading passenger train stop for a passenger there? Must be 50 or more years?
Gonut

Date: 09/27/22 04:03
Author: Pattenburg

Gonut1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the post. Somewhat sad for the
> interior.
> So just when did the last Reading passenger train
> stop for a passenger there? Must be 50 or more
> years?
> Gonut
>
From my notes passenger service ended in 1982. 

Date: 09/27/22 10:59
Author: CPMorris

PATTENBURG -  Your notes are correct.  "Crusader" and "Wall Street" 
Newark/Philadelphia service ended in July, 1981 and a Newark/West Trenton
"shuttle" ended in December, 1982, thus ending service at Belle Mead and Hopewell.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds