Home Open Account Help 205 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Norfolk Southern calendar returns for 2023


Date: 01/18/23 17:59
Norfolk Southern calendar returns for 2023
Author: RuleG




Date: 01/18/23 19:13
Re: Norfolk Southern calendar returns for 2023
Author: Gonut1

Interesting. NS is Moving America and UP is Building America. What is BNSF and CSX doing these days, CSX was showing us how the future moved. I'm thinking BNSF was just Swooshing along moving vast amounts of coal still.
I have the UP 2023 calender, as the older son works for UP and gives me his employee copy. He is not a total railfan, its just a job to him. The younger son however is a railfan and I gift him a Pennsylvania RR calendar each year, his favorite to model (Z Scale). Recently he was thrilled when I invited him to run a Marklin GG-1 under the catenary on my Z Scale layout. It didn't do well (I figured it may be a challenge as the GG-1 Pans are near the end of their long bodies, the "older" Euro locos I have tend to have Pans nearer the loco center), but he brought an ICE Train with modern Favoily Pans and it worked wonderfully.
This is all drifting from the original subject.
As I told my railfan friend, who passed a few years back, "Railfanning, no matter what form it takes".
I'm across the entire spectrum, Lionel and Ives Standard gauge to Z Gauge to 1:1 Scale! Pretty much if it is on rails I'll be interested. 
Gonut



Date: 01/18/23 19:27
Re: Norfolk Southern calendar returns for 2023
Author: BNSF-4567

That was great however expect to pay $20 for shipping

Posted from Android



Date: 01/18/23 21:07
Re: Norfolk Southern calendar returns for 2023
Author: RuleG

BNSF-4567 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That was great however expect to pay $20 for
> shipping
>
> Posted from Android

The website states that shipping is free.



Date: 01/19/23 07:44
Re: Norfolk Southern calendar returns for 2023
Author: BNSF-4567

Copied off the NS Facebook page!

It’s back! The Norfolk Southern calendar returns for 2023. The featured images were taken by NS railroaders spanning our network and in a variety of roles – from locomotive engineers to shop supervisors. More than 130 images were submitted and voted on by NS colleagues to end up in the final calendar. They’re in stock and ready to ship! Get yours at nscompanystore.com.

A previous error showed a high shipping charge, and that has been fixed. Fans who were charged the higher shipping price will be refunded the difference.

Posted from Android



Date: 01/19/23 12:36
Re: Norfolk Southern calendar returns for 2023
Author: RetiredHogger

Are they giving them to employees again?



Date: 01/19/23 12:50
Re: Norfolk Southern calendar returns for 2023
Author: junctiontower

I just got mine five minutes ago from an employee connection, so they must be giving them out again.  I see Casey Thomason is back in train service.  When did that happen?  Did they eliminatre his corporate gig?



Date: 01/19/23 14:00
Re: Norfolk Southern calendar returns for 2023
Author: CR6377

He is an engineer out of Charlotte I believe. In local service. Talked to him about that last year. 

Marc L



Date: 01/20/23 08:10
Re: Norfolk Southern calendar returns for 2023
Author: RetiredHogger

junctiontower Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just got mine five minutes ago from an employee
> connection, so they must be giving them out
> again.  I see Casey Thomason is back in train
> service.  When did that happen?  Did they
> eliminatre his corporate gig?

I'm guessing an "employee connection" is the annual one-to-one employee evaluation?
Anyway, glad to see they're giving them out again. Used to be a retiree could stop by and get one (at least where I was). I'm guessing those days are long gone. And that's OK...for me anyway.
Also, I met Casey one time. Seemed like a nice guy. Glad he landed on his feet.



Date: 01/20/23 09:51
Re: Norfolk Southern calendar returns for 2023
Author: junctiontower

RetiredHogger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> junctiontower Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I just got mine five minutes ago from an
> employee
> > connection, so they must be giving them out
> > again.  I see Casey Thomason is back in train
> > service.  When did that happen?  Did they
> > eliminate his corporate gig?
>
> I'm guessing an "employee connection" is the
> annual one-to-one employee evaluation?
> Anyway, glad to see they're giving them out again.
> Used to be a retiree could stop by and get one (at
> least where I was). I'm guessing those days are
> long gone. And that's OK...for me anyway.
> Also, I met Casey one time. Seemed like a nice
> guy. Glad he landed on his feet.

I work with the wife of an engineer, and he could care less about anything company related or train related, so I get calenders and sometimes hats or other trinkets because he knows I appreciate them.



Date: 01/20/23 10:32
Re: Norfolk Southern calendar returns for 2023
Author: RetiredHogger

junctiontower Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RetiredHogger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > junctiontower Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > I just got mine five minutes ago from an
> > employee
> > > connection, so they must be giving them out
> > > again.  I see Casey Thomason is back in
> train
> > > service.  When did that happen?  Did they
> > > eliminate his corporate gig?
> >
> > I'm guessing an "employee connection" is the
> > annual one-to-one employee evaluation?
> > Anyway, glad to see they're giving them out
> again.
> > Used to be a retiree could stop by and get one
> (at
> > least where I was). I'm guessing those days are
> > long gone. And that's OK...for me anyway.
> > Also, I met Casey one time. Seemed like a nice
> > guy. Glad he landed on his feet.
>
> I work with the wife of an engineer, and he could
> care less about anything company related or train
> related, so I get calenders and sometimes hats or
> other trinkets because he knows I appreciate them.

I see. Thanks.



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0745 seconds