Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > The CR OCS train...led by the E8S.

Date: 03/19/23 17:02
The CR OCS train...led by the E8S.
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Spent a few hours at Alliance, Ohio today and it hit me that I have been going there for almost thirty years. Have seen quite a few changes, some bad and some good, but the locomotive landscape has changed. Understandably the technology has changed as well as the railroad map. The first picture is of the CR OCS heading down the Cleveland Singe (Bayard). PIcture number two is from the Alliance passenger station. Picture number three is of the CEI train also heading down the Bayard connection. I believe the CEI (Cleveland Electric Illuminating) trains would go to Centennial mine loadout? Roger Durfee can probably chime in...thanks for looking. I also put this on the History and Nostalgia board for those that do not venture to the page. In the second picture are my daughters, ages four and five at the time which was 1996. They are walking down the passenger platform with the wife of a close friend..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/23 17:22 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 03/19/23 18:08
Re: The CR OCS train...led by the E8S.
Author: refarkas

Thanks for sharing these Alliance memories. I'm glad you caught the OCS there.
Bob

Date: 03/20/23 03:21
Author: dschlegel

I only ever saw the CR OCS once and it was beautiful.

Neat stuff!
Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/20/23 13:34
Author: jmbreitigan

Great images Carl. Something I was not fortunate to see.
IIRC, Cleveland Electric trains loaded in PA. (former MGA territory), KY. & WV.
John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/23 13:41 by jmbreitigan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0677 seconds