Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Stranded for 4 days-Toomsuba, MS

Date: 03/24/23 13:04
Stranded for 4 days-Toomsuba, MS
Author: tuxedorailfan

March 20th, 2023

NS train 312 sits tied down at Smith Sidiing in Toomsuba, MS on NS' AGS South End. The train left New Orleans on 3/17/2023 and made it into Meridian, MS on 3/18/2023. Shortly after its arrival, a crew took it east of town to Smith Siding, on the MS/AL state line, and tied it down. The train sat here for 4 days and finally got a crew which took it to Irondale, AL on 3/23/2023. This train obviously had no priority whatsoever. Of course, this isn't the first time. A few months back train #340 was parked here for 9 days. 

Either way, enjoy the neat locomotive consist!

-Dylan

Date: 03/24/23 14:46
Re: Stranded for 4 days-Toomsuba, MS
Author: Roadmaster

Toomsuba - brings back pleasant memories of driving through there between Texas and Virginia and seeing that town's name years ago.

Matthew

Date: 03/24/23 18:31
Author: ctillnc

One fewer siding the dispatcher can use to clear Amtrak and priority freights. Or not. 

Date: 03/25/23 12:11
Author: MEKoch

BNSF says they have plenty of crews available on the GN northern corridor.  But apparently NS is still having a crew shortage??  And overall traffic is down 5% or more.  I am confused

Date: 03/25/23 15:54
Author: ns1000

MEKoch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BNSF says they have plenty of crews available on
> the GN northern corridor.  But apparently NS is
> still having a crew shortage??  And overall
> traffic is down 5% or more.  I am confused

It depends where you work.  On NS (at least where I am), there is still crew shortages, yard/terminal congestion, etc.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds