Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Guilford reporting marks

Date: 04/22/24 12:21
Guilford reporting marks
Author: Martin_K_OToole

I use reporting marks to file my scans. Since I seldom get into the New England states, Guilford has never been a big issue. But I am scanning a 2008 trip and wonder how to correctly identify my slides.  Did Guilford have its own marks or just use the constiuent roads reporting marks, like MEC, B&M, ST. When it became Pan Am, was it then correct to use PAR or something else like the original roads?

Martin O'Toole
Marietta, GA

Date: 04/22/24 12:36
Re: Guilford reporting marks
Author: ALCO630

I always just used the reporting marks of whatever name was on the side.

Posted from iPhone

Doug Wetherhold
Macungie, PA

Date: 04/22/24 12:57
Author: ShortlinesUSA

Guilford and Pan Am were essentially marketing names, much akin to The Family Lines System. Sublettering of component railroads appeared on the locomotives under both names. You should be able to see those on the cab side in your slides; If not, this roster does a good job laying out what's what. If the trip was in 2008, it was Pan Am by then, although not necessarily a lot of units painted at that time.

Pan Am System (thedieselshop.us)

Mike Derrick

Date: 04/22/24 13:40
Author: mvrr10

The two F units were PAR 1 and PAR 2 , as noted all other GTI/GRS/PAR/PAS used  MEC and until recent years  you'd still some B&M [ former  CR/PC GPs] in the mix as reporting marks.    Still waiting on a Berkshire & Eastern unit  in  GWI  scheme to show up.

Date: 04/22/24 14:26
Author: Martin_K_OToole

Thanks Mike.  I had actually labeled the slides as PAR, but wondered if I was "doin good," since, as Capt. Red Legs says, doin' good ain't got no end.
The smiley face comes with the fact that two of the three eastbounds caught at Hoosac were Helms leasers.

Martin O'Toole
Marietta, GA

Date: 04/23/24 03:27
Author: JPB

Martin_K_OToole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I use reporting marks to file my scans. Since I
> seldom get into the New England states, Guilford
> has never been a big issue. But I am scanning a
> 2008 trip and wonder how to correctly identify my
> slides.  Did Guilford have its own marks or just
> use the constiuent roads reporting marks, like
> MEC, B&M, ST. When it became Pan Am, was it then
> correct to use PAR or something else like the
> original roads?

The Guilford Rail System locomotive roster at thedieselshopus.com was last updated December 2016 and it shows the reporting marks Guilford used for each locomotive on the system between 2006 and 12/26/16.

DieselShop's GRS locomotive roster 2006-2016

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0542 seconds