Home Open Account Help 170 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > VA Circus Train

Date: 02/05/04 06:12
VA Circus Train
Author: TheFFV

Anybody know the schedule/route for the RBBB train as it performs in VA this month?

Date: 02/05/04 08:46
Re: VA Circus Train
Author: rbx551985

Same as last year. This Monday, the Blue Unit moves on NS from Greensboro, NC to Richmond, VA via Lynchburg, Burkeville (crewchange point), and on into south James River Park.

Next week, they head to Norfolk, VA on an all-NS routing (to Burkeville/Crewe, VA and east on the N&W main.

The following week, they take the Virginia Circle route from Norfolk to Hampton: NS to Collier Yard, and CSX to Richmond, then down the C&O route to Newport News.

Finally, CSX will haul them north to E. Rutherford, NJ, after a week at Hampton Coliseum.

MARCH 2004 TRAINS MAGAZINE HAS A FEATURE ON THIS TRAIN, written by the dad of the show's Singing Ringmaster. Go grab a copy!

Date: 02/05/04 08:56
Author: mully

What is the exact date for the move through Collier?

Gary

Date: 02/05/04 09:00

Greensboro to Richmond, Feb. 9
Richmond to Norfolk, Feb. 16
Norfolk to Hampton (via COLLIER YD), Feb. 23
Hampton to E. Rutherford, NJ, Mar. 1

Date: 02/05/04 14:07
Author: TheFFV

Thankx for the info keep us up to date on the moves: times/delays (snow!)...

What freqs do they use?

Date: 02/05/04 17:12

Yes please keep us posted, I was hoping to make it to Collier that day but I have to work. I will aim for the 1st and the trip over the RF&P. I caught them at Ashland last year but it was late afternoon and not a good shot. Apparently he got held up on ACCA. Any word if the train will go west the same route as last year over NS or a chance of it coming across the Piedmont?

Gary

Date: 02/06/04 09:48

Yes, last year the Circus Train had a HUGE delay in Acca Yard. CSX either didn't bother to call a crew for the RF&P/B&O move, or just didn't remember that it was coming at all! The train pulled through the yard, then out and north onto "Advance One," the third track that merges back into two tracks at the Greendale Amtrak Station. Then they sat and waited--for several hours! I am sure someone in Jacksonville got in trouble for that one. And NO, they were supposed to breeze right through Richmond after a crewchange... another story.

NOTE that the Blue Unit will depart Richmond on a TUESDAY this time around, when they head for Norfolk on NS.

Have you seen the March 2004 TRAINS Magazine -- with the 5-page feature on the Blue Unit's train and Circus Life?

RADIO FREQUENCY for the Circus is 151.625.

Date: 02/06/04 10:27

Do they use that freq. when they are going over the road? And yes I sat at Ruthers Glen all day waiting on the train. Daviv Davies was there also.
Gary

Date: 02/06/04 10:28

Which tues is it they are going to Norfolk I thought all the dates on the previous threads were Mondays

Gary
rbx551985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, last year the Circus Train had a HUGE delay
> in Acca Yard. CSX either didn't bother to call a
> crew for the RF&P/B&O move, or just didn't
> remember that it was coming at all! The train
> pulled through the yard, then out and north onto
> "Advance One," the third track that merges back
> into two tracks at the Greendale Amtrak Station.
> Then they sat and waited--for several hours! I am
> sure someone in Jacksonville got in trouble for
> that one. And NO, they were supposed to breeze
> right through Richmond after a crewchange...
> another story.
>
> NOTE that the Blue Unit will depart Richmond on a
> TUESDAY this time around, when they head for
> Norfolk on NS.
>
> Have you seen the March 2004 TRAINS Magazine --
> with the 5-page feature on the Blue Unit's train
> and Circus Life?
>
> RADIO FREQUENCY for the Circus is 151.625.
>

Date: 02/07/04 09:43
CORRECTION for Norfolk Trip!!

I'm sorry, everyone, I gave an incorrect train run date for the Blue Unit's move from Richmond to Norfolk. They'll PLAY Richmond through Monday, the 16th, then move on TUESDAY FEB. 17 to Norfolk on NS. Hope that helps clarify everything. Enjoy the trips!

Date: 02/09/04 19:34
Author: emd_run8

As to the delay sometimes they are waiting for the money wire to come in. I've been told that the circus has to pay in advance.
TV

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0418 seconds