Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > RBBB Blue Unit?

Date: 02/09/04 05:46
RBBB Blue Unit?
Author: TheFFV

Any location? or when it is due in Burkeville or Richmond?

Thanks!

Date: 02/09/04 09:19
Re: RBBB Blue Unit?
Author: mully

If the move from Richmond to Norfolk will be on the 17th, what will be the route and time leaving Richmond?

gary

Date: 02/10/04 08:28
Author: WSFRENCHJR

In the past The RBBX train comes in on the old Southern tracks from Burkeville.
into South Richmond.

When leaving it usually goes back to the old N&W main and interchanges at Collier Yd to the CSX. Then heads North on CSX main and then thru Fulton Yd down to Tidewater.

Hope this helps though.

Its Richmond departure is usaully in the wee hours of the morning. I live in Bon Air
and it passes within yards of my home.

Bill

Date: 02/10/04 10:16
Re: RBBB Blue or Red Unit
Author: pequotjunction

I went to the Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey website and could not find schedules of either the Blue Train or the Red Train. The circus begins here in Atlanta on February 12th. Is there any information anywhere on the net that provides the schedules and routes? Thanks

Barry

Date: 02/10/04 13:43
Author: mully

I guess I will have to leave early!!
If anyone heres of a departure time please post

Gary

WSFRENCHJR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the past The RBBX train comes in on the old
> Southern tracks from Burkeville.
> into South Richmond.
>
> When leaving it usually goes back to the old
> N&W main and interchanges at Collier Yd to the
> CSX. Then heads North on CSX main and then thru
> Fulton Yd down to Tidewater.
>
> Hope this helps though.
>
> Its Richmond departure is usaully in the wee hours
> of the morning. I live in Bon Air
> and it passes within yards of my home.
>
> Bill

Date: 02/10/04 19:26
Author: emd_mrs1

Typically the circus train leaves about 4am....

Give or take an hour for brake tests, waiting for other moves, ....

MP

Date: 02/11/04 06:18
Author: rbx551985

Yeap, just about everyone is correct when it comes to when these trains depart and move. Blue Unit seems to be getting out of town a lot faster than last time around. That could be anywhere between 4-6 am departing a particular town. ABOUT THE SHOW SCHEDULES posted at their webpage: CLICK on the "Center Ring" icon on the main page. On schedules, click on the pop-up box and the second entry is "Show All Cities." That should get you the full touroo for 2004 as so far known (there are a LOT of cities NOT confirmed yet--just give them time & they should appear as the year progresses).

Date: 02/11/04 06:48
Author: rbx551985

Note that Blue Unit plays Richmond through Monday night, and that the train will depart early TUESDAY morning (likely around dawn or thereabouts). Route so far known is the SAME as in the previous several years, NS south to Burkeville, reverse train. Crewchange at Crewe, VA and 60 mph running on the N&W main to Norfolk, with at least a few MAJOR slow orders around HUGE NS M.O.W. crews between Petersburg and Windsor, VA. I saw the track gangs yesterday, and it's the super gang. They won't blow by those guys, no matter how fast the show wants to move. That's okay--saftey first goes for the railroads AND the Circus.

Next Monday (following the week-long stand at Norfolk Scope, they go to Hampton, and as usual NS takes them to Collier, and CSX takes over for the trip north to Richmond, through town, and down the Peninsula Sub via Williamsburg.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0519 seconds