Home Open Account Help 230 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Trains in East Lansing, Michigan yesterday

Date: 06/24/05 05:40
Trains in East Lansing, Michigan yesterday
Author: GTWGregg

I went out for a walk yesterday, and I got a few pictures of trains in East Lansing.

As I was walking over the CSX Harrison Road crossing, I saw headlights down the tracks. It was the local, D709, heading east. GP30 Road Slug 2265 has been sighted in Manistee and Muskegon, Michigan recently, and is now pulling the local out of Lansing.

Date: 06/24/05 05:41
Re: Trains in East Lansing, Michigan yesterday

A better view of the 2265.

Date: 06/24/05 05:41

And a good look at Mother unit #6482.

Date: 06/24/05 05:43

When I went back to the Amtrak station, I noticed that the signals at Trowbridge were lit up for a westbound. No sooner do I see this, than I hear a P5 Airhorn. I turn around and...

Date: 06/24/05 05:46

Nice to see Illinois Central instead of the usual CN diesels for a change. The train was over 110 cars long (I quit counting at that point), and he had six locomotives. Two IC SD40-2s, a GT GP38-2 "Bluebird" #4920, CN SD40-2 #6026, and Two UP EMDs.

Date: 06/24/05 05:47

Here's 4920 and 6026...

Date: 06/24/05 05:48

...And here are the two UP units.

Date: 06/24/05 05:50

The westbound hadn't even finished crossing the diamonds at Trowbridge when CP Rail X534 appears from nowhere. I was chatting with another railfan at the station, and he saw it coming. I was a lil' ticked that he didn't have his lights on.

Date: 06/24/05 05:52

GTW GP9R #4633 was part of X534's consist. This is a unique engine because it is painted for Operation Lifesaver. I pressed the shutter button on the camera a bit too late.

Date: 06/24/05 05:54

It was pretty hot out. I went into the station to cool down and have a snack. When I came out, I heard a horn. I walked over to CSX, and this is what I find. I really like seeing the Candy Apple Red.

Date: 06/24/05 05:56

Even better, one of those super cool Wide Cabs was in the consist! These are the best looking Soo Line diesels in my opinion. What a lucky catch! :)

Date: 06/24/05 05:58

I went on a Bike Trip with my father last night, and we got back around Amtrak time. We went to see if 364 was at the station. They were just leaving when we got there. I mangaged to get a few pictures of it leaving. Another minute and I would have missed them.

Date: 06/24/05 06:02

Cabbage 90219 is on the end again. I can't post it here, but here's the link to the picture: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/pictures/5400/IMG_0748.JPG

Hope everyone enjoyed!

Date: 06/24/05 16:16
Author: RuleG

I visited my brother when he lived in East Lansing. Although I could not get a good view of the CN trains, I heard the horns clearly. It seemed that there was at least one train per hour.

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0694 seconds