Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Model Railroading > Modeling software

Date: 02/23/06 12:26
Modeling software
Author: ns6669sd60

I was wondering if anybody knows of any good track planning software. Looking for one that will let me use specific products like atlas flex track, shinohara turnouts and such.

Thanks

Date: 02/23/06 14:01
Re: Modeling software
Author: shortliner

XTrkCad - freebie - Http://www.sillub.com -ALSO DOWNLOAD THE FREEWARE REGISTRATION!!!!! Will let you mix and match various track libraries or design your own custom ones, and run trains in 2D.
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

Date: 02/23/06 14:19
Author: RioGrandeFan

I second XtrkCad. Best track planning software and it is free.

Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO

Date: 02/24/06 06:10
Author: PRR K4

I used Atlas RTS (and paid for it when it first came out) before it was free and thought it was OK when I designed my 12x24 layout about 5-6 years ago. I recently decided that I want to make some design changes and based on prior recommendation from this group (thanks Shortliner!) went and tried XTrkCad. I can say that after a short learning curve I think it can't be beat; and the price is definitely right! I recommend that you spend some time going through the tutorials as there are some neat tricks with this software that you may not figure out yourself if you just start using it. If you have ever used any CAD system before you will find this one easy to get used to. Good Luck.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0554 seconds