Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Model Railroading > Train Quest, Moreno Valley, CA UPDATE: Closed...

Date: 04/28/06 17:51
Train Quest, Moreno Valley, CA UPDATE: Closed...
Author: BarstowRick

I just thought this might be worth sharing here on TO.

I just received a call from Andy, advising that Train Quest is having a 40% off sale on everything in the store excepting InterMountain products. This weekend April 28, 29, & 30th, 2006.

Now, I could start a rumor right here and right now. I will wait until I get confirmation.

Let me say this. Good hobby shops are hard to come by and Train Quest, is one of them. E-mail and E-Bay might be great ways to purchase train items but it can't replace the service provided by a local hobby shop. Anyway, here's a chance to take advantage of a good sale and buy that item you've been putting off. An opportunity to support your local hobby shop. I know it's the end of the month etc...etc...!

RickH

Date: 04/28/06 18:48
Re: Train Quest, Moreno Valley, CA Sale!
Author: highhood

acording to who ever answered the phone there [ i missed the name ] they have no kato engines athhearn dash 9s or thoes new 30k tank cars from athearn in stock. my litle brother guiedo from the bronks will be speeking to barstow rick about the latness of his anouncment

Date: 04/28/06 18:54
Author: WCSTK

This is the time boys, get out there and support him!!! He needs you guys to survive, and I know you all can do it. So PLEASE, help him out, get out there and buy buy buy!!!! Jim is my good friend and a great guy, he runs a great shop...

Date: 04/28/06 19:45
Author: tracktime

Jim and his shop - TrainQuest is a great place. I always love going there on my sojourns to SoCal, and he definitely deserves our support! Say Hi to Jesi L. for me!

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 04/29/06 15:27

highhood Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> according to who ever answered the phone there [ i
> missed the name ] they have no kato engines
> athhearn dash 9s or thoes new 30k tank cars from
> athearn in stock. my litle brother guiedo from
> the bronks will be speeking to barstow rick about
> the latness of his anouncment

RickH responding:

Sounds like a threat...from another darn soprano. Grin!

I am only to sorry about the "lateness". When I got off the phone I went straight to the computer and put-out the notice.

It appears Jim's investors want out of the business and he is closing. As I said earlier, I hate to see this happen. A good hobby shop is hard to come by.

Kudo's to Jim and his staff. Thanks for all the fun...while it lasted.

RickH

Date: 04/29/06 23:53
Author: n6nvr

Well he ought to be able to continue with most of his mailorder business. You don't really need a storefront for that. Or do you, to work with Horizon? In any case, I hate to say it but he lost a lot of my potential business when he went back to being closed on Sunday. Moreno Valley is way out of the way for most guys to get out to on weekdays.

His store has been disappointing the last few times I was in.

Date: 05/03/06 09:14

Sadly I agree with n6nvr.

Most of us need a hobby shop open on the weekends. A number of times I needed to make a run to pick-up supplies. I knew he was closed so I went elsewhere to the tune of $150.00 a pop.

I could tell something was amiss during my last three visits. Stock was waning with bare spots in the racks. The staff looked stressed. I really hate it..... that they closed up shop. No doubt...one of my favorite places. I liked Jim, Andy and the staff. They were experienced and model rails in their own right.

The key to a hobby shop is to give it your all...... or shut it down. I have to give Jim credit. He did come out to a number of train shows supporting the "Roundhouse Gang", "Orange Empire Railway", "Barstow's NMRA and WARM" craft, hobby, swap meets and train shows. However, he seldom stayed long enough to take advantage of the shows opportunities and get acquainted with potential customers. Every shop needs a solid customer base.

Perhaps these wise words apply...All good things must come to pass. Nothing is forever. Did someone say life is fair?

RickH

n6nvr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well he ought to be able to continue with most of
> his mail order business. You don't really need a
> storefront for that. Or do you, to work with
> Horizon? In any case, I hate to say it but he
> lost a lot of my potential business when he went
> back to being closed on Sunday. Moreno Valley is
> way out of the way for most guys to get out to on
> weekdays.
>
> His store has been disappointing the last few
> times I was in.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0663 seconds