Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Model Railroading > DCC, Narrow gauge and PCM

Date: 03/25/07 18:35
DCC, Narrow gauge and PCM
Author: Finderskeepers

Hey folks, I have a PCM goose that I control with a Precision Craft DCMaster, works pretty slick, I can do just about everything that a full DCC system can do without resorting to going to DCC. As I only operate one train at a time, and don't do lashups or pushers I won't be going to DCC anytime soon. What I was wondering, is if a Tsunami decoder can be controlled with a DCMaster? can anybody out there try it out for me? I figure someone out there has the new Bachmann forney with the Tsunami decoder, who is maybe using a DCMaster to control their BLI C-16s?
Anyhow here are some narrow gauge pictures to keep you interested

Date: 03/25/07 18:44
Re: DCC, Narrow gauge and PCM

That last shot was of a Crystal River Products Water Tank, built by yours truly. A time consuming venture to be sure, but the results are very nice. Here is a bachmann low sided gondola, that I converted to On3, by filing down the bolsters and coupler pockets, adding Grandt line trucks, kadee 803 couplers and by painting with floquil boxcar red and using CDS dry transfers. Total cost? about $30.00

Date: 03/25/07 18:48

Of course on the other end of the scale, here is a Sunset K-28 custom painted by Dave Burroughs of Hamilton, Ontario. What a sweet engine! Shown running around Dave's Layout. 'Course everything Dave does is jaw dropping, need proof, see below.

Date: 03/25/07 18:51

Dave Burrough's scratchbuilt sandhouse.Wow eh?

Date: 03/25/07 19:41
Author: engine3420

Great stuff !!...post more!

Date: 03/26/07 12:23
Author: RioGrandeFan

To answer your question, the Tsunami cannot be operated with a DC Master. The DC Master is ONLY for LokSound decoders similar to QARC being only for QSI.

While you can operate a Tsunami on DC, you have to #1 unlock the feature in the decoder using DCC, and #2 there is currently no way to activate the bell or whistle in DC. Not really sure what Soundtraxx might be planning in the way of a box or device to operate the bell and whistle in DC. I have a pretty good feeling that since 95% of the people using sound are DCC users anyway, there's really no rush to make the Tsunami fully compatible with DC.

Going DCC especially with sound is the only way to go. I would take another look at DCC especially if you're in On30 and installing sound.

Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO

Date: 03/28/07 20:50
Author: brassmag

Actually there is limited bell and whistle on DC with the tsunami. You can program the bell to come on between specific speeds (if you want the bell coming on when you're travelling slowly). The auto whistle feature is nice, two blows when starting out, three when backing up, one for stop. Move the throttle quickly up then back down gives you a crossing blow.

Date: 03/29/07 10:33

And I would assume with the programming abilities of the DCMaster, that it would be possible to not only find, but change these CVs?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds