Home Open Account Help 241 users online

Model Railroading > N Scale at Detroit NMRA Show?

Date: 07/30/07 15:12
N Scale at Detroit NMRA Show?
Author: NdeM

Did any N-scalers attend the Detroit show? Any pictures of the new N-Scale stuff? In particular, did Kato show the new Southern Pacific GS-4 and Morning Daylight trains?

Plenty of HO news and pictures, but I'm still hanging.

Thanks,

Nate

Date: 07/30/07 15:18
Re: N Scale at Detroit NMRA Show?
Author: Telus6429

If you look closely, I did get some N scale stuff at the show. It was hard to Get the Kato stuff, since it wasn't the greatest layout of stuff to look at. They had there items just placed not neatly on tables and such. Other dealers were better, and some of there stuff looked great, and almost made me wanna jump scales, but we know that won't happen.

Telus6429
Ian
Windsor, Ontario
http://www.trainweb.org/swontariotrain/index.html
http://www.trainweb.org/wmrc/index.html

Date: 07/30/07 16:44
Author: trails2rails

Someone over at the Trains.com model railroad board posted a ton of n-scale photos from the show. In case you have not heard - the biggest news - and this is subject to being added to, since frankly I have not heard all that much is:

- GG1, Broadway Limited from Kato
- SP GS4, Morning Daylight from Kato
- Maxi-4 Stack cars in BRAN/Pacer scheme from Kato
- Atlas: 5701 Plastics hopper, Ford Fairmont Station Wagon
- Atlas: some new roadnames on a bunch of stuff, nothing spectacular if you ask me.
- IMRC: 60' flatcars, apparently the cab forward is coming
- Athearn: weathered boxcars, the F45/FP45 shell was shown
- Wheels of Time: a NYC IRT subway car
- Fox Valley Models: new tooling, injection moulded FMC single and doubledoor boxcars coming
in tons of schemes

That was basically what I heard...

Date: 07/31/07 16:55
Author: czuleget

From the micro Trains web site it looks like they are coming out with a new body style and its a drop bottom gondola like the SP beet cars, due out in November for the 35th anniversary of MT Lines.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds