Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Model Railroading > Model Train stores in Tucson, AZ

Date: 12/03/07 00:45
Model Train stores in Tucson, AZ
Author: beaumonthill

Hello, can anyone in the Tucson, AZ area recon-mend a good hobby shop with HO scale items?? i may be relocating soon, thanks in advance. Tom

Date: 12/03/07 12:24
Re: Model Train stores in Tucson, AZ
Author: atsf_arizona

Hi,

I don't live there in Tucson, but when I was there last, I visited:

Ace Hardware - they have Model Train Division in rear
G, H, and N scale, DCC supplies
6959 E 22nd
Tucson, AZ

It was decent and worth a visit.

I know that locally there is the Pacific Southwest Region NMRA, Arizona Division web site:

http://www.getnet.net/~dickg/nmra/azdiv/azdiv.html

Hope this helps.

Date: 12/03/07 14:03
Author: Amtk509

This Ace Hardware is the only hobby store in Tucson to carry a decent slection of trains (the local hobbytown is mainly focused on RC cars), although I do not believe that they do any business with Walthers. At least this was the case when I was there last summer.

Date: 12/03/07 16:25
Author: CLM

I live in Tucson - and the ACE hardware store on 22nd is the only decent model RR store in town.

Date: 12/03/07 18:46
Author: pepperidge

CLM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I live in Tucson - and the ACE hardware store on
> 22nd is the only decent model RR store in town.

Otherwise, your closest options for HO are Roy's Train World up in Mesa on Country Club Rd. or An Affair With Trains in Phoenix on Bethany Rd. at I-17. There is also a narrow gauge specialty shop, Coronado Scale Models in mid-town Phoenix and a mostly N gauge shop on Bell Rd. and I-17, the name of which I forget.

Pepperidge

Date: 12/03/07 19:23
Author: ACR_Ted

And don't forget Mesa Models at McKellips and Recker in Mesa AZ...a new shop that seems to be doing quite well.

Ted

Date: 12/04/07 20:44
Author: CNW6500

Curiosity, since I haven't lived in Tucson since 02 what happened to the shop up on Grant and N. Tucson?

Date: 12/16/07 01:47
Author: tucson3985

I think that you're referring to Arizona Trains, at one time a terrific store. It's closed, and has been for a few years. It was on Treat just north of Grant Road.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0743 seconds