Home Open Account Help 174 users online

Model Railroading > con-cor aero train

Date: 02/02/08 15:41
con-cor aero train
Author: gp74444

Just picked up my Rock island aero train today and it looks great . but theres a big gap between the body and the cover over the front truck ,I dont remember there being a gap on the real one ? any thoughs .

Date: 02/02/08 15:46
Re: con-cor aero train
Author: wc581

I believe this was done to alow it to go around tight radius layouts.

I also beleve they were removed later on.

Mike Slater

Date: 02/02/08 16:28
Author: TopcoatSmith

On the 1:1 scale version there was no gap but on a model you need swing clearance and the ability to see the truck to put it on the rails helps too.
The cover was later removed as stated above.
A Google search reveals two pictures on Ebay showing it both ways.

TCS - oh mi oh mi oh

Date: 02/02/08 18:35
Author: SPSF_luvr

Date: 02/02/08 18:35
Author: SPSF_luvr

looks as if they got the truck color wrong, I think that it should be silver.

Date: 02/02/08 18:40
Author: wlankenau

I wonder if the truck frames have enough detail to look good without the skirt? If not, hopefully the Athearn B Flexicoil frame will fit.

Date: 02/02/08 22:47
Author: tracktime

I saw one of these at the LHS yesterday, and I gotta say I was pretty impressed at the weight, heft and fidelity of detail on these things. Nice diaphragms too. This is certainly the best model I've ever seen from Con-Cor - now made in China like everything else. That said, I didn't see it run.

Cheers,
Harry

P.S. This EMD Aero Train is a good match to that panicky robot in the old "Lost in Space" TV series.

Date: 02/03/08 02:06

Well not looking to good with the truck frames. and you have to move the trucks to remove the skirts.Also had it running on the test track and runs very nice. The lights in front are not that bright but look ok . its 4:30 am and im going to bed lol.

Date: 02/03/08 05:11
Author: wlankenau

gp74444 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well not looking to good with the truck frames.

If you look at the photo in the second like provided by the poster above, you'll see that the model truck frames are not that far off. If you decide to go skirtless, adding new brake cylinders would go a long way toward improving the trucks.

Date: 02/03/08 16:18

just might have a road trip to green bay for some truck photos :+) but it looks like a total rebuild for the trucks .

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0837 seconds