Home Open Account Help 180 users online

Model Railroading > T55 Union Pacific GEVO problems?

Date: 02/23/09 22:52
T55 Union Pacific GEVO problems?
Author: jmj3293

I am looking out there for some help with problems I am having with my T55 locos. The first problem which I have had is the drive shaft has come out of it's socket on the fly wheels of the motor. I have three units and it has happened on all three just on the front truck. Anyone else had a similar problem? Fix?
The second problem is a dcc issue. The issue is a malfunction in the decoder that shuts off the front headlight. The rear light remains on along with the number boards. I have performed a decoder reset and no luck. I remember reading about this issue somewhere but unknown where. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank you

Date: 02/24/09 06:51
Re: T55 Union Pacific GEVO problems?
Author: CIOR

About the drive line, no clue. I would make sure that everything is in the correct spot, motor mounts, trucks on the pin and so forth. I have several of the GEVO's with no issue like that.

On the decoder side, its a Digitrax issue. The first run seem to have more issues then the later.
I have 1 engine that would just drop the motor end of the decoder, but keep with the sound. The other had no issue. Ended up having to replace the said decoder.

Date: 02/24/09 08:08
Author: brfriedm

I agree with CIOR's comments on the drive train. I have no issues either with my T55's. They are great runners although they are geared high and run fast. As for the decoder, it needs to have it's firmware updated. Someone with the newer firmware could update the sound decoder if you have a Digitrax PR2 or PR3 programmer. As for service from T55, they are gone and Brian Marsh is not doing anymore service. There was a guy who worked for T55 that is out on his own now. I know he can fix these issues. Maybe CIOR could put you in touch with him. I'm sure there would be a fee.

Bruce

Date: 02/24/09 15:22
Author: jmj3293

What if I replace the decoder?

Date: 02/24/09 15:41
Author: brfriedm

You can do that also.

jmj3293 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What if I replace the decoder?

Date: 02/25/09 05:21
Author: CIOR

jmj3293 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What if I replace the decoder?

I agree, good idea!
The first run of sound decoders seem very buggie to me. The second run doesn't seem to be afflicted.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds