Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Model Railroading > WGH show - Cleveland (OH) 3-14, 3-15

Date: 03/10/09 16:30
WGH show - Cleveland (OH) 3-14, 3-15
Author: SlwApprSlw

This weekend the World's Greatest Hobby tour will be in Cleveland, OH at the Cleveland IX Center. For more details (like how to get there, ect), go to: http://www.wghshow.com

In addition to the show, my fellow members from the Swanton Area Railroad and Model Club (SARRMC) will be there with both HO & N scale layouts. If you travel to Cleveland this weekend, stop by and check them out.

Also, if any other model railroad clubs are going to the show, please add them to the list.

Cass Telles
"Slow-Approach-Slow" - 'Go by way of the B&O'
Railroads of NW Ohio - http://www.trainweb.org/rrnwoh
(SARRMC) - http://www.trainweb.org/sarrmc

Date: 03/11/09 00:26
Re: WGH show - Cleveland (OH) 3-14, 3-15
Author: atsf5701

If you haven't been to a WGH show, I encourage you to go. You will get to meet the manufacturer's reps and voice your opinion and suggestions on their wares. Very rare opportunity.

Be prepared to duck & dodge 8.92 jillion small children and baby strollers.

Date: 03/11/09 09:59
Author: EL-SD45-3632

atsf5701 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you haven't been to a WGH show, I encourage you
> to go. You will get to meet the manufacturer's
> reps and voice your opinion and suggestions on
> their wares. Very rare opportunity.
>
> Be prepared to duck & dodge 8.92 jillion small
> children and baby strollers.

That is one reason flea markets suck, and don't forget the women. they all get in the way. When I go, I leave the "baggage" at home.

Date: 03/11/09 14:03
Author: toledopatch

Hamler-Henry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> atsf5701 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you haven't been to a WGH show, I encourage
> you
> > to go. You will get to meet the manufacturer's
> > reps and voice your opinion and suggestions on
> > their wares. Very rare opportunity.
> >
> > Be prepared to duck & dodge 8.92 jillion small
> > children and baby strollers.
>
>
> That is one reason flea markets suck, and don't
> forget the women. they all get in the way. When I
> go, I leave the "baggage" at home.

Yeah, I made the mistake of going to the Toledo Area Train & Toy Show last weekend. It was totally overwhelmed by wandering children who couldn't get out of their own way and women with strollers bearing screaming infants. And most of the merchandise was Lionel or similar stuff that has no appeal to me. I'll continue going to the FOTMRR shows at the Rec Center, but never again to this one.

The WGH show would be appealing if it weren't two hours away. I doubt I'll go - I spend enough on models as it is without burning up a tank of gas, tolls, and four hours' driving to do it.

Date: 03/11/09 21:14
Author: MarkW78

I'll be there Saturday. But I'll be one of those guys with the wife and baby stroller. I don't take them to everything, but keep in mind that this event is DESIGNED to include the whole family and to get more people interested in the hobby. We're looking forward to this and I'll make sure to stop by and say Hi!

Mark

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0839 seconds