Home Open Account Help 165 users online

Model Railroading > MTH ACe load-test

Date: 01/10/11 20:37
MTH ACe load-test
Author: Nighttrain

caught 1996 being serviced for tonight's Z train. Put your ear plugs in.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/10/11 20:50
Re: MTH ACe load-test
Author: imrl

I have to say that I have never been a fan of sound equipped units but I'm impressed with the auto start sounds. Is that from the actual decoder or did you cheat and sync sounds to the video?

Date: 01/10/11 21:11
Author: Nighttrain

Nope, no cheating. Despite some of the negs, MTH did a pretty good job with the sound (my camera otoh is not so great, what a lot of background "noise" in this vid)

Date: 01/11/11 01:27
Author: Fizzboy7

Great video! Always loved the metalic sound of modern EMD's at idle and revving up. Best way I can describe it is like sharpening a blade.

Date: 01/11/11 08:16
Author: djansson

Dude, ya need to let the engine idle for at least 15 minutes or so to get the oil pressure up and stable, and get everything up to temp. And even after that, only jack 'er back GENTLY for the first time. After that, have fun...!

Must be a clean rack - no turbo bypass or any kind of smoke. And the aftercooler must really be working - I didn't see ANYTHING coming out the exhaust!

(Tongue firmly in cheek here)

Date: 01/11/11 08:25
Author: cchan006

Nighttrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nope, no cheating. Despite some of the negs, MTH
> did a pretty good job with the sound (my camera
> otoh is not so great, what a lot of background
> "noise" in this vid)

Yeah, sounds like my MTH 1996. Wish the MTH's K5LLA had bit more "trumpet brillance" like the real thing, but it sounds close enough.

Date: 01/11/11 20:00
Author: espeeboy

Awesome video... only thing needed is some diesel exhaust shooting up out the stack on start-up! Hmmm, about that start-up sound effect - its the only thing that bugs me. I think it lacks the full "octave climb" of the real SD70ACe during start-up/auto-start. As noted, horn is off for the UP 1996's specifically tuned chimes but everything else is pretty spot on!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds