Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Model Railroading > more Trucks N Stuff upgrades...

Date: 06/07/12 02:00
more Trucks N Stuff upgrades...
Author: Fizzboy7

A recent thread showed some helpful tips on dressing up these HO trailers. As I mentioned a while back, Trucks N Stuff has been putting out a lot of modern paint schemes with their 53' trailers and pups. While these units are not that detailed, they fill in some much needed schemes for today's modern pig trains. This is especially useful now that we've lost Athearn's RTR line of trailers.

A quick switch to A-Line rims really makes a difference. I also cut the kingpin down so they fit onto flatcar hitches and trimmed off some extra flash around the rear bumpers. For the pup's axle, two pliers are needed to twist the wheels off. These Yellow-Roadway trailers use light gray rims, which A-Line makes in the five-hole configuration. Each trailer took about ten minutes, which can't be beat.

Enjoy.

Jason

Date: 06/07/12 06:24
Re: more Trucks N Stuff upgrades...
Author: gp60

I agree all the chrome wheels do look a little funkie. I have quite a large selection or T&S trailers I think I am going place a order to A-Line for a bunch of wheels. Question do you have to replace the tires also. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Date: 06/07/12 08:12
Author: mgwsy1978

I would replace the tires too as even those look funky. Just get the kit that has rims and tires to upgrade the trailers.

Date: 06/07/12 09:48
Author: P5r24

Very cool Jason!

I've got to upgrade my old fleet someday soon,

Gary

Date: 06/08/12 11:25
Author: mgwsy1978

Here are a few pics of 3 53' trailers I am working on. Today I milled the rear door off and it will get replaced with an A-Line 102" Roll up door. I also milled the A-Line frames to fit the bodies and added some of the details to them. I already got 3 BLMA reefer units for them and drilled the holes. Next will be a coat of white paint and decals.

Date: 06/08/12 13:49
Author: Fizzboy7

Thanks everyone for the responses. It's nice to see intermodal get some attention.

Mgswy, what will your roadnames end up being?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds