Home Open Account Help 201 users online

Model Railroading > NCE question

Date: 11/08/12 19:30
NCE question
Author: kdrtrains

Greetings
Someone out there may have a solution to this problem and I am sure someone in our club will contact NCE regarding the issue.

During our AZ State Fair operations, (3 weeks) we lost the use of most of our 04 cabs. These are the small cabs with no screen.
They will not allow you to address any loco. Some of them will work on the programming track's system and mine will still work at home but will not work on the main layout system. We have swapped out cords to eliminate that possibility. It acts as though our main layout system is full of data but there is nothing in the manual regarding our problems. Any ideas?

Ken Rhoads
Thunderbird Model Railroad Club
Phoenix, Az.

Date: 11/08/12 20:30
Re: NCE question
Author: PHall

So it's just the 04 cabs that have the problem? Other cabs work?
If you unplug all of the cabs and just plug in one 04 cab, does it work?

Date: 11/08/12 21:52
Author: barrydraper

Have you tried a command station reset? Granted, you'll have to rebuild all your consists, but I'll bet it would fix your problem.

Barry Draper

Date: 11/09/12 05:49

Barry, how do you perform a command station reset? I could not find this in the manual.

We have no consists still in the system. We did that first.

All of the pro cabs still work although we have had some weird displays from time to time and had to shut off the command station to clear the message. The messages are unreadable.

KR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/12 05:51 by kdrtrains.

Date: 11/09/12 07:18
Author: rnb3

Have you tried the manual for just the cab? They are all available on the NCE website. I don't remember the specifics, but each cab/throttle has an address, just like a decoder. If I remember correct, the address is stored on the power station and not on the cab (the address for decoders are stored on the decoder). Since you are mixing cabs from several peoples home layouts I bet they are all using the same cab address from the home layouts (factory default setting?). I could be completely wrong, and this isn't your problem, but you ever know!

Rick Bacon
Windsor, CO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/12 07:20 by rnb3.

Date: 11/09/12 11:05

Rick
Most of us have our own Pro Cabs and they are all addressed into the main command station as are all of the club owned 04 cabs and the member's 04 cabs. We have never had any problems in the previous 7 years with this situation.

We may have to do a check to insure all cabs are addressed.

KR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0457 seconds