Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Model Railroading > Amtrak by the Numbers by David C. Warner

Date: 11/29/12 14:13
Amtrak by the Numbers by David C. Warner
Author: kecarden

Has anyone purchase or look at this book, if so what is your take on it? I am thinking about buying this book since it about the roster of all the rolling stock and motive power for Amtrak. I don't want to spend the money if it not worth getting the book, and please don't take this comment the wrong way just want to make sure that I am buying a good investment into this book.

Date: 11/29/12 14:52
Re: Amtrak by the Numbers by David C. Warner
Author: retcsxcfm

I have not seen it,but have been told it was worth the money.
Just have not bought it yet.It is on my bucket list.

Uncle Joe,Seffner,fl.

Date: 11/29/12 15:53
Author: TTM

I have the book, if you are into Amtrak it is a must have book, lots of roster shots and info on everything Amtrak has ever owned, power and all cars.

Tom

Date: 11/29/12 16:00
Author: Tony_Cook

Harry Wong reviewed "Amtrak By The Numbers" in November's edition of Model Railroad News. I was planning to post the review on MRN's website, but haven't linked it up yet.

Here's a direct link for you to find the review and read it: http://www.modelrailroadnews.com/PDF/MRN1112-WRP-AMT.pdf

It's in PDF form and is 1.5MB to download. You may order the book from about any hobby bookseller. White River also can sell you a copy: http://www.whiteriverproductions.com/

Thanks,

Tony Cook, editor
Model Railroad News
http://www.modelrailroadnews.com

Right now in the latest Walthers flyer that is arriving in mailboxes, you'll find a postcard giving you the opportunity to subscribe to Model Railroad News for a year for $34.95 and take your pick of either Railroads Illustrated (special discount of $24.95/12 issues-one year) or Passenger Train Journal ($15.95/4 issues-one year) too. If you don't have the card, you can call White River and get this deal for a limited time: 1-877-787-2367.

Date: 11/29/12 16:52
Author: kecarden

Tony thank you for the write-up you got me sold will order the book, I am into the heavy early 80's to mid late 80's. I recall riding the BW Limited during the steam heated years and into the new era of the F40's and the HEP cars. I am modeling the Broadway and Lakeshore have all of the equipment just waiting on the Amfleet cars coaches and lounge, and even also modeling the BW Limited in phase III using the ex-up 44 seat coach and the ex-Santa Fe coach's. I sure you have seen the F40's I posted out on train order if not here 2, 1 done and the other 90 percent done and they are equip with the new LOCSOUND F40 Decoder and they are awesome

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/12 16:56 by kecarden.

Date: 11/29/12 19:22
Author: wheel_slip

It's a must have Amtrak fan book...

Andy

Date: 11/30/12 00:51
Author: Amtrak288

I have this book, it's an incredible wealth of information on the history of Amtrak's equipment going back to the very beginning, a must-have if you're an Amtrak fan!

Date: 12/01/12 20:23
Author: rapidotrains

It is truly an amazing book. Definitely worth having.

-Jason

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0751 seconds