Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Model Railroading > Question re Detail Parts

Date: 12/15/12 16:14
Question re Detail Parts
Author: schmo

I'm detailing the cab roof of a Kato SD40-2 snoot a la Santa Fe, and need some particular parts to do it. Here's the list:

- Leslie S-3 horn (two bells forward, one rearward, right front bell (as you look at the front of the loco) is longer than the left bell)

- Horn pedestal

- Ground plane for Sinclair antenna just aft of the cab (I have a source for ground planes for the two Sinclairs that ride atop the cab)

Can you tell me who might make these parts and what the part number is?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
--Steve Schmollinger

Date: 12/15/12 21:35
Re: Question re Detail Parts
Author: P42hogger

Try Rail Flyer

Date: 12/15/12 22:03
Author: bnsfsd70

P42hogger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try Rail Flyer

That's a joke, right? The whole situation with them on the RPM list was rather entertaining.

- Jeff Carlson

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/15/12 22:09
Author: tracktime

Details West provides most everything of what you need for the cab roof. The conduits, however will need to be formed from .010 or .008 wire.

www.detailswest.com

Date: 12/15/12 22:28
Author: ESPEE5318

Rail Flyer if you want to flush your money down the toilet.........

DW 352 for the etched antennas

The best ATSF horn on stand set up would be OMI#9019 if you can find one. or put a DW 190(I think that is the number I'm a bit rusty)horn on a DW stand.

Joe

Date: 12/16/12 10:05

ESPEE5318 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rail Flyer if you want to flush your money down
> the toilet.........
>
> DW 352 for the etched antennas
>
> The best ATSF horn on stand set up would be
> OMI#9019 if you can find one. or put a DW 190(I
> think that is the number I'm a bit rusty)horn on a
> DW stand.
>
> Joe

Ok we'll the last time I used them (some time ago) I had no issues but if there business practice has derailed then it is good to know because I did not see anything on it

Date: 12/17/12 10:46
Author: mkt1992

I've had items prepaid on backorder with Railflyer for almost three years. I requested a refund of my monies and can't get a reply from them. They keep begging for more purchases over and over again. This guy has some pipe dream of wireless remote and self contained traction motors on each axle of his loco motive kit and refuses to take care of people who have dumped money into his company. If what you want is in stock, you will get it, but if it's not well.... DO NOT prepay for anything!

Michael Tyl

Date: 12/17/12 11:09

Good to know

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0463 seconds