Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Model Railroading > Some more images from NGM @ NS Atlanta

Date: 12/15/12 17:03
Some more images from NGM @ NS Atlanta
Author: NSTopHat

For the eighth year now North Georgia Modurail has displayed at NS' Atlanta Office building during the Christmas Holidays. Fellow TO Member Paul Boggs, aka SD608708, posted some photos on Dec 9th http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,2938277, regarding photos from Employee's Day. Yesterday was a "Young NS" training day, where employees submitted questions to Mr. Wick Moorman, enjoyed lunch with him, listened to a local youth choir sing carols and hand a "Toys-for-Tots" drive.

Additional official club photos can be found at: http://www.northgeorgiamodurail.org/index.php?page=2012-dec-ns

Our next public event will be at the Southern Museum Exhibit in Kennesaw, GA on Saturday, January 19, 2013, from 9:30 am until 4:00 pm.

Below are a few photos I took yesterday, eight images will be posted in all. I ran my NS F units in an A-B-B configuration on a Triple Crown train. The four unit set is from Overland and has a Tsunami sound system in each of the A units and their matching mobile decoder in each of the B units. The Roadrailers numbered about 45 in all, all of various schemes of NS Triple Crown lettering from Bowser.

Hope you enjoy...

Russ

Date: 12/15/12 17:10
Re: Some more images from NGM @ NS Atlanta
Author: brfriedm

Looks sharp. Have a video?

Thanks Bruce

Date: 12/15/12 17:10

I also had some OMI NS SD70M-2's, ES40DC's and ES44AC's, also Tsunami sound equipped, which pulled a 35 car NS MTY coal train. The coal cars were a mix of BLMA's NS TopGons of various classes, Bowser's NS H65 class 100 ton 3 bay cross dump hoppers and Athearn's NS G113 FCA Hybrid Bethgon's.

The Conrail GE B40-8 is a factory Atlas unit, patched for NS #4810 and weathered to match prototype photos.

Russ

Date: 12/15/12 17:12

Last two images. Family photos you could say, or "Ready, Set, GO!"

Russ

Date: 12/15/12 17:15

brfriedm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks sharp. Have a video?
>
> Thanks Bruce

Bruce;

Thanks. Walt from NGM and someone from NS's Visual Comm. Dept. both did video of the layout. Video links should be up and running on the club website and on YouTube. NS video taped for nearly 90 minutes early last week.

Russ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/12 17:51 by NSTopHat.

Date: 12/15/12 18:05
Author: nikon1

Russ, those are some beautiful F units you have there.
Charlie
MP 53 on the BNSF Topeka Sub

Date: 12/16/12 07:33
Author: NYSW1904

WOW!!!!

Date: 12/16/12 19:03
Author: SantaFeRuss

I like Norfolk Southern models. Very nice!

SantaFeRuss

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds