Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Model Railroading > Progressing projects for club layout

Date: 05/15/13 20:24
Progressing projects for club layout
Author: mrrmc1966

Here are a few shots of some different things being worked on for the RAILVIEW CLUB of Markham in Ontario.

1. Union station coming along. Still needs glass and some outer trim plus roof completion.

2. Streetcar tracks are laid and operating, road surface is down and sidewalk pieces in process of being secured down.

3. Background structure of the old Maple Leaf Stadium from Toronto's waterfront, waiting for signage and final install.

Thanks for looking.

Richard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/13 16:32 by mrrmc1966.

Date: 05/15/13 21:06
Re: Progressing projects for club layout
Author: SWChief

Nice!!!

I love the Union Station modeling and the ball park looks awesome. I hope the Royal York Hotel is next!?!?

Greg

Date: 05/15/13 21:11
Author: mrrmc1966

Actually, it is in the works. The lower section is now painted and the window frames are installed. Kitbashed from Walthers hotel kits ( 14 of them ).

Richard

Date: 05/16/13 02:53
Author: Hammer

Looks wonderful!!!

Date: 05/17/13 21:19
Author: SWChief

mrrmc1966 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually, it is in the works. The lower section is
> now painted and the window frames are installed.
> Kitbashed from Walthers hotel kits ( 14 of them
> ).
>
> Richard

Beautiful work there Richard!! Looks just like the real hotel's lower floors. Keep it up!

My wife is from Canada. We spent part of our honeymoon in Toronto 23 years ago. Originally we intended to stay at one of the waterfront hotels on the lake (I think the Westin) but they were all full, so we stayed at the Royal York on one of the top floors. I had no idea it was a CP property, was right next to Union Station, and our room would have a great view of the station activity as well as the city, honest! My new bride did not know I was a railfan yet, or she would have suspected I planned it all along (though I didn't). We also toured the Sky Dome, went up the CN Tower, and saw lots of GO train activity too. Spent a few days down in Niagara too, even got to see some CP freight activity while there, a first for me. We next spent a few days up in the beautiful capitol city of Ottawa, seeing Parliament Hill and all the sights - including a trip to the Science and Technology Museum which houses a absolutely gorgeous CN northern in that classy streamlined green and black scheme. It also houses another classy lady - one of CP's Royal "Hudson"s (though it too is actually a northern), but I don't know for sure if it was displayed there at the time of our visit. Maybe it was but I was too smitten with both that CN beauty and my new bride. LOL

Again, none of this was planned - I simply could not have planned it so well, as rail related things just kept popping up every where we went. Unfortunately, the train related things were completely lost on my wife, who to this day can only barely humor me on any thing related to the hobby. LOL. She (and the good Lord) have, however, blessed me with 3 beautiful children - one of whom is also an avid railfan (my son). He and I railfan Cajon and Beaumont together a lot and occasionally Tehachapi and have also established traditions of annual visits to local club MR layouts (Pasadena and Balboa/ San Diego).

Life is good, Enjoy the Hobby!

Greg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/13 21:29 by SWChief.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0535 seconds