Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Model Railroading > Denver Train Show

Date: 11/08/13 15:59
Denver Train Show
Author: jc76

I was thinking of taking my son to the Train show tomorrow at the National Western Complex. I cant find it on their schedule now. Was the Denver Show Cancelled?

Date: 11/08/13 16:08
Re: Denver Train Show
Author: MrMRL

http://www.cgwrr.org

Second post from the top (Published: September 1, 2013) mentions that the November Great Train Expo show at the National Western Stock Show Complex has been, "cancelled due to losing the facility due to issues beyond their control."

Mr. MRL

Date: 11/08/13 17:16
Author: jc76

Thanxs

Date: 11/08/13 18:34
Author: SilvertonRR100

It always bothers me that the GTE is the only show I have ever attended that charged for parking. The WGH show is better but still remains dubious as to would I go if I had to shell out $8=10 for parking! Great Shows like OKCs yearly giant swap meet have free parking and a great show on top of that!

Rob

Date: 11/08/13 19:03
Author: RioGrandeFan

The Great Train Expo had also gotten a bit stale as it had lost vendors and layouts. That in turn has caused reduced attendance over the last few years. Too many conflicts with much larger train shows across the US also has contributed. TrainFest is going on this weekend which is a huge show, possibly the #1 or #2 show in the Nation.

For a Denver show, visit the TCA show on Thanksgiving weekend (Nov. 30 & Dec. 1) at the Merchandise Mart. It's a MUCH better train show anyway. All scales, vendors, layouts, kids activities. It's a lot of fun.

See the information here: http://rmtts.com/

Lee Ryan - Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO

Date: 11/09/13 05:32
Author: Bob3985

Thanksgiving weekend is the TCA show at the Denver Merchandise Mart. I believe our model railroad club may be attending that one.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0416 seconds