Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Model Railroading > 1965 SP Sunset power and consist

Date: 04/06/14 13:07
1965 SP Sunset power and consist
Author: UP951West

Seeing the Sunset SP#2 in San Antonio as a boy in 1965 , I'd like to model it in HO. Any recommendations for motive power and passenger consist? Thanks ! --Kelly

Date: 04/06/14 13:30
Re: 1965 SP Sunset power and consist
Author: WAF

Either Coach Yard or Soho Budd Sunset cars. Coach yard made a few automats. Hard to find. Suggest e-bay
UTI made a ecomony baggage car. Some still around

Date: 04/07/14 05:08
Author: ATSF3751

UP951West Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seeing the Sunset SP#2 in San Antonio as a boy in
> 1965 , I'd like to model it in HO. Any
> recommendations for motive power and passenger
> consist? Thanks ! --Kelly

Union Station Products makes styrene car sides. You will need to be an experienced modeler. The sides are designed to fit onto Train Station Products core kits. USP will cut them to fit Walther's cars if you request. The Walther's Budd 10-6 (not the Santa Fe version) makes a good core for the Sunset cars. The battery box covers are unique to SP cars. Century Foundry makes the covers. TSP makes the trucks, but are poor representations. Walther's has a similar truck.

Otherwise, brass is the only other route. Both Soho and Coach Yard made Sunset cars, but unfortunately, both versions have poor representations of the Budd fluting.

I'm sure there are others waiting for Walther's to produce this train.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/14 09:45 by ATSF3751.

Date: 04/07/14 20:02
Author: UP951West

Thanks fellows for your help. --Kelly

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds