Home Open Account Help 259 users online

Model Railroading > Whatever happened to the "HOinterchange" For Sale group

Date: 07/31/14 09:44
Whatever happened to the "HOinterchange" For Sale group
Author: tracktime

Okay, I don't sell stuff too often on the net, but I was just curious what happened to the HOinterchange Yahoo Group that Patrick founded many moons ago.
Because it was well-moderated, I found HOinterchange to be a reputable place to sell my surplus model RR items. The group was first known as "HOYardSale".

Can someone fill me in on this?

Is there a different channel/mailing list/Facebook page/group or Yahoo Group that is reputable and reliable where a large audience of people are posting and selling HO scale items directly (NOT eBay) these days?

Note: I am not speaking of eBay, which is an entirely different channel/can o' worms..

Thanks,
Harry

Date: 07/31/14 10:07
Re: Whatever happened to the "HOinterchange" For Sale g
Author: DLM

It moved to Facebook due to changes in Yahoo's management of the service. Send a Facebook request to join and Patrick will reply.

Date: 07/31/14 10:07
Author: JS_IN_KY

Harry, Patrick moved HOInterchange to facebook a couple of months or so ago. He still moderates the page pretty much like he used to but there isn't near as much traffic on the list now. He only gets one or two items listed a day now and has around 700 members total. You can find it on Facebook just do a search for HOInterchange. Also on Facebook I've been trying HO Yard Sale (no relation to Patrick's old group) and Model Railroading Buy Sell Trade Group. None of them have near the number of listings or members HOInterchange had on Yahoo, also it seems like the last two groups have more trouble with scammers but a lot of the sellers are fine on there and you will recognize a lot of names there from HOInterchange. There is another Yahoo group that started shortly after Patrick left Yahoo, it seems to be ok and it's called HOEXchange.

John

Date: 07/31/14 10:40
Author: rsanchez

Over 1250 of us are on https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/HOswap/info. When Patrick threw the baby out with the bath water a huge number of HOinterchange members moved to HOswap. On HOswap there is no heavy handiness, or the airing of dirty laundry in public. The list has moderators and a engaged owner so the totalitism and lunacy of Patrick do not occur, just a pleasant list to use and buy from.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/14 10:41 by rsanchez.

Date: 07/31/14 11:27
Author: trainmin

rsanchez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Over 1250 of us are on
> https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/HOswap/info.
> When Patrick threw the baby out with the bath
> water a huge number of HOinterchange members moved
> to HOswap. On HOswap there is no heavy handiness,
> or the airing of dirty laundry in public. The list
> has moderators and a engaged owner so the
> totalitism and lunacy of Patrick do not occur,
> just a pleasant list to use and buy from.

Yes, I remember this. No wonder it evaporated.

Date: 07/31/14 12:22
Author: iaisfan

> Over 1250 of us are on https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/HOswap/info.

I also recommend the Yahoo HOswap list. Nice group, with what I consider to be just the right amount of moderation.

Joe Atkinson
Council Bluffs, IA
www.iaisrailfans.org/../Sub4WestEnd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/14 12:22 by iaisfan.

Date: 07/31/14 12:38
Author: TheCurator

Hi Harry.

I've had pretty good luck selling items on Kijiji (owned by eBay, cash-only direct selling with no fees, but no buyer/seller protection by Kijiji either).

Don't know if you have a Kijiji on-line site where you are, but might be worth investigating.

Date: 07/31/14 15:14
Author: ALCO630

There is also HO exchange on Yahoo

Doug Wetherhold
Macungie, PA

Date: 07/31/14 16:32
Author: SPDRGWfan

Yes, many on HOInterchange moved over to HOSwap and HOExchange. I don't use facebook so when HOI changed formats I was left behind and just use the two mentioned. I occasionally sell items and so far have had no problems. Traffic is slower on them than the old HOI, but it's summer too.

Cheers, Jim

Date: 07/31/14 18:21
Author: ALCO630

Thanks. I never knew about HO Swap. I now have a pending membership.

Doug Wetherhold
Macungie, PA

Date: 07/31/14 21:16
Author: steeplecab

There's also Model Railroad Sales on Yahoo https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Model_Railroad_Sales/info . Run by a small bunch of anarchists from one of Winston's groups as I recall, that didn't like Patrick's methods and heavy-handedness.
steeplecab

Date: 08/01/14 16:30
Author: HB90MACH

This isn't a bad site
http://marketplace.collector-modeltrains.com/store/Trainz

Not sure of fees. I have bought there before and they use the standard collectors rating system. Much better idea of the condition.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0463 seconds