Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Model Railroading > TrainCat Models

Date: 08/18/14 12:53
TrainCat Models
Author: nydepot

I know the back story on his family health issues. I ordered something recently and I'm not sure if I'm going to get it. No responses to email either. If it's not going to get delivered, I want to contest it through PayPal before my 45-window closes.

Any work on the business? Thanks.

Charles

Date: 08/18/14 15:23
Re: TrainCat Models
Author: BrianK

This is second hand information so take it for what it's worth. A friend on another board posted that Bob was at a recent show and is still running the business, albeit very slowly. He also mentioned he is limited to shipping on Saturday's only now.

I've been wanting to order an N Scale auto carrier kit, but have been hesitant to try it. Keep us posted if your transaction actually gets filled.

Cheers,
Brian

Date: 08/19/14 06:18
Author: nydepot

I emailed them again. I also found a BBB listing for them giving them an "F" from last year. Someone complained and the BBB was not able to get an answer.

Charles

Date: 08/19/14 07:09
Author: hoydie17

TrainCat Models comes up on these forums at least once a year, and has done so each of the last 4 or 5 that I can remember. Most of the time, it is the same story, medical problems for his wife and/or kids. In fact, I vaguely recall that he also experienced some medical issues himself at one point.

In any case, I think at this point it is safe to say, don't buy from the guy unless you're standing in his presence at a show and the merchandise is immediately in stock. With the obvious challenges the poor fella is facing, it is just a bit too risky to pay in advance then end up empty handed. Unless his plight is so compelling that you think the charity is worth it.

This isn't meant to pick on the guy, as I know I wouldn't want to have to face all that adversity. But people should probably make a habit to do a little homework and research forums like this one to see if anyone else has had negative experiences. Especially if it is with a company or vendor that doesn't have the mainstream name like Walthers, Exactrail, or Athearn.

Caveat Emptor.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds