Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Model Railroading > More large scale

Date: 08/19/14 12:00
More large scale
Author: tomstp

In a couple of months many of us Live Steamers will head to the Comanche and Indian Gap railroad for a week long meet. From the past here are some engines and cars that ran there.

1. Yours truly on Jack Lucks 2-6-0 switching Comanche yard. Engine is now owned by George Berg.
2. Rich Ulin built this snazzy C&S engine. It has traveled all over the country.
3. Harry Bean's very beautiful SP 2-8-0. This engine is currently undergoing firebox repair.

Date: 08/19/14 12:02
Re: More large scale

1. Earl Bean is the pround owner of x-SP 2248 lettered as it was for a long time on the Ft Worth & Western.
2. Doggone shame the sun was not out bright. If it had been the red would knock your eyes out on this beautiful caboose.
3. Part of Harry Bean's train.

I had to lighten up some of these photos since the sun was behind some clouds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/14 12:07 by tomstp.

Date: 08/19/14 12:05

Do we ship cattle on the C&I? Yep as these cars will attest.

Date: 08/19/14 12:19

We will end the day with these pictures of , as Frisco 1500 calls them, dismals. Yes, we let them run too.

And we close with a picture of a disgruntled Superintendent who is wondering how all these trains showed up at the same place at the same time. He must be mad cause he's got a big hammer in his hand.

Date: 08/19/14 15:29
Author: Frisco1522

Great looking stuff Tom, thanks for posting. Y'ever run over a rattlesnake out there?

Date: 08/19/14 17:51

Two rattlesnakes have been run over. One, Pat McCarthy of Kansas City cut in two with his 10 wheeler. The 2nd rattler was not cut but, he was plenty p----d off. Both were on night runs.

I never did run over one or see one but, on a moonless night a great big steer appeared in my headlight as I rounded a wooded curve. Dumped the brakes, hit the whistle and he leisurely walked off. Missed him by about 8 ft. It did speed up my heart rate a bit. That thing weighed twice what my engine weighed and we might have been on the losing end.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0822 seconds