Home Open Account Help 200 users online

Model Railroading > Atlas switching to Loksound

Date: 09/02/14 08:06
Atlas switching to Loksound
Author: bigmc83

Just noticed the new GP40-2 will be equipped with Loksound. I see the same for the re-release of the AEM-7. No more QSI from Atlas? I can't say I'm disappointed and look forward to hearing them.

-Sean

Date: 09/02/14 09:22
Re: Atlas switching to Loksound
Author: brfriedm

They switched awhile back. I believe the latest run of HO RS-3's, C424/425's and RS-1's had Loksound. Bruce

Date: 09/02/14 10:37
Author: jburek

True - they did switch a while back - RS-3, RSD4's & 5's, C424's & 425's, RS-1's & S2's. QSI sound must have been affecting their sales & with all other manufacturers going to LokSound or Soundtraxx, it was the RIGHT move. I know I'm happy they switched...
jburek

Date: 09/02/14 10:40
Author: Greydog30

To truly program the Lok sound decoder u will need Lok sound 199.00 programer JMRI cant see all the CV that are on the decoder They are nice but a pain the butt to program

Date: 09/02/14 13:16
Author: KA7008

I slso seem to recall that Intermountain moved from QSI to Tsunami to Lok. Sounds like competition combined with customer complaints drives the bus. Remember Athearn and MRC? ouch!

Date: 09/02/14 13:25
Author: hartrick24

brfriedm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They switched awhile back. I believe the latest
> run of HO RS-3's, C424/425's and RS-1's had
> Loksound. Bruce

Do you think it will be on the c40-8w's that are shipping now? Steve

Date: 09/03/14 12:55
Author: Frisco1522

I bought a WOW sound decoder and tried to program it on the test stand. Looks like I need to go back to the books on this one. JMRI won't do the job either. I just reset it to default and put it aside until I get my Xanax refilled.

Date: 09/04/14 05:06
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Frisco1522 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bought a WOW sound decoder and tried to program
> it on the test stand. Looks like I need to go
> back to the books on this one. JMRI won't do the
> job either. I just reset it to default and put
> it aside until I get my Xanax refilled.

I use a Soundtrax PTB1000 program booster for a couple WOW Sound decodes ( and others)
And have never had a problem. If you are not using a program booster, that is your problem.

Shame Murphy
Tyler, Tx

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0542 seconds