Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Model Railroading > Next generation

Date: 10/17/14 17:02
Next generation
Author: santafedan

This is Jackson our first and only grandson. No grand daughters yet. He is just about 10 months old and this his first time seeing the layout.

Date: 10/17/14 17:08
Re: Next generation
Author: audiom

nice, what dreams my come

Date: 10/17/14 17:22
Author: WrongWayMurphy

I think he is thinking "I can't believe Pappy doesn't run steam, all these F units look the same".

Date: 10/17/14 17:56
Author: NSTopHat

"Grandpa, where are the BNSF GE's?"

Date: 10/17/14 18:59
Author: dcmkris

My first thought was it looks like his brain is in sensory overload.

How many things can I build with all these?

BTW: Grandpa where's Thomas, Percy, Toby and Sir Topham Hatt? OK probably a little
early for this thought, but then again it's never too early to start them is it?

Seriously though I bet in another 7-9 years he would love running trains with you
over the railroad, and probably never forget the joy it brings him.

It's been 30 years since I was last able to run trains with my grandfather and I can
still remember how much we both enjoyed running them.

Kris

Date: 10/18/14 07:40
Author: cabman

I hope that little guy is fascinated with what he sees and gets the "bug" to become a future modeler railroader. Lord knows we need them or we're dead!

Date: 10/18/14 07:53
Author: aehouse

My family began model railroading, of a sort, about 90 years ago, when my father, his brother and a neighborhood friend began operating Ives and Lionel equipment throughout an unfinished third floor of the family home. It's been going on ever since, and is now into its fourth generation, as I, my son, and his two children all enjoy model railroading (and railfanning).

Hope your family's railroading legacy will be as long and bring all the blessings that we've enjoyed over these many decades. It has been a real factor in binding the generations.

Art House
Second Generation of Four
Gettysburg, Pa.

Date: 10/18/14 08:03
Author: BostonMaine

I think he will take over of superintendent soon. Nice photo

Date: 10/18/14 08:05
Author: BostonMaine

He is on the right track with a very proud and happy Grandpa

Date: 10/18/14 10:02
Author: warrenpweiss

How wonderful to have a little one like that. He's absorbing the whole railroad scene and loving his grandfather at the same time. Here's wishing you many, many years of joy together.

Warren

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0563 seconds