Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Model Railroading > Big trains speeder M-O-W

Date: 12/15/14 13:59
Big trains speeder M-O-W
Author: santafedan

We had an old speeder that would not stay on the track due to poor truck design. It had been sitting around for years. Some wanted to scrap it. My cousin and I decided to give it a try and save it.
It was scratch built. I do not know if there are/were plans for the car. We got it running and added lights and a horn.
It had only single axel trucks. Photos of the change in the next post.
It still has some issues. The left side of the rear truck has weak springs on one side. Easy fix. The wiring needs to be replaced.
The orange object is the retailer....just incase.

Date: 12/15/14 14:03
Re: Big trains speeder M-O-W
Author: santafedan

Photo two shows the new truck. We used the wheel bearings from an old file system.
Photo 3 shows the lean due to the weak springs on the rear truck.

We now have our M-O-W power ready to go.
By the way it has a 4 speed transmission. R/1/2/3. We had it in second today. I am not sure I want to get it into third. It went plenty fast in second.

Date: 12/19/14 16:40
Author: CountryBoy

If you have issues with the front end derailing you may want to add some weight to the front. all the weight in the back lightens the front and causes the wheels to skate and then derail

CB

Date: 12/20/14 12:17
Author: BAB

From the side view with the operator on it I would say that the front truck is indeed way too light. Also the rear truck needs stiffer springs too. I agree add about 50LB should do it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds