Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Model Railroading > Locomotive Wall display Case

Date: 01/26/15 14:26
Locomotive Wall display Case
Author: funnelfan

Looking to get some Wall Hanging multi-shelf locomotive display case with sliding plexiglass doors. Any suggestions?

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 01/26/15 14:51
Re: Locomotive Wall display Case
Author: fbe

You can build one with a table saw and glue. T chop saw and drill might speed things up a bit.

Someone in the club might do a weekend work session with you to get it all cut out then you can take it home to finish and assemble it. Any of the plastics places can provide the Lexan and cut it for a reasonable fee. They might even finish the edges for you.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 01/26/15 16:15
Author: bn7500

I built this one about 20yrs ago. Not too difficult if you have the tools. I used 3/16" thick glass for the sliding doors - just cut grooves in the top and bottom for the doors to slide in. I don't recommend ballasting the track - that was a pita!:-)
Frank

Date: 01/26/15 19:56
Author: JLW2K

I got these two from Tracksidedisplays.com They ran me about $480 shipped I think. They are the X-52 model.

Date: 01/26/15 19:59
Author: wabash2800

Shipping can be salty. I bought mine at a train show and carted it home. If you go to a big enough train show, there is usually someone there that makes and sells them.

Date: 01/26/15 20:25
Author: steeplecab

Ted - Talk with James Pierce of Plummer Creek Woodworking down in Plummer, Idaho. He's been building and selling cases like that for years and he's right nearby. He might even make it to the Spokane or Helena shows. If you need contact information drop me a PM.
steeplecab

Date: 01/27/15 07:08
Author: electromac

James, very nice display case...............The locomotives are Outstanding in your collection.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/15 07:20 by electromac.

Date: 01/27/15 11:12
Author: SilvertonRR100

steeplecab Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ted - Talk with James Pierce of Plummer Creek
> Woodworking down in Plummer, Idaho. He's been
> building and selling cases like that for years and
> he's right nearby. He might even make it to the
> Spokane or Helena shows. If you need contact
> information drop me a PM.
> steeplecab

Maybe he will make the NMRA convention in Portland, OR!

Rob

Date: 01/27/15 13:16
Author: hoydie17

sfdisplays on Ebay has some pretty decent quality cases with plexiglass covers. I can get about 18 HO scale locomotives into each one of mine. They come in a variety of finishes, and are less than $100 each shipped. I'm very happy with the four that I have.

Date: 01/30/15 18:45
Author: TamaquaTim

Hi Sean,
On these display cases does the plexiglass doors slide and does the case come with locks. I am interested in the $92 ho display cases.
Thanks, TT

Date: 01/30/15 19:25
Author: sixaxlecentury

About 45$ in material..

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0507 seconds