EMDX SD70ACe #1202
EMDX SD40-2 #6381
WE SD40-2 #6352
CIND GP50 #5000
NS F9A #4271

Date: 01/26/15 13:26
Re: My Collection so far
Author: fbe

That is a very pretty collection of quality models. The question to ask yourself is what are you going to model? Most railroads have multiples of engine classes and not one of everything.

It is your hobby, though, maybe you just want to collect models.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 01/26/15 14:42
Author: hwb36604

Nice collection

Date: 01/26/15 15:13
Author: wabash2800

Sounds like he is just a collector. Get a room and a display case!<G>

Date: 01/26/15 16:23
Author: jobrazy

Now now.....
Remember model railroading is what you make it, we are here to support, maintain and grow the hobby....not to judge others by our own skewed vision of what we choose to think is the 'best' way. I model things that inspire me. I do not model an era or particular RR. I collect, operate, and model.....because it's FUN!

Enjoy folks, every collection is good, every endeavor that is satisfying is the right one,

J

Joel Brazy
Coatesville, PA

Date: 01/26/15 16:29
Author: highgreengraphics

Nice collection. I'm an HO equipment collector, too! Usual husband/Daddy responsibilities plus railroad photography trips don't leave me with any time to do much modeling, and no time for a layout though I have certainly had layouts in the past. To me they are like a sculpture, and are a fine piece of art. === === = === JLH

Date: 01/26/15 17:20
Author: lizzard_45

Well, he does have a pair of Norfolk Southern Executive F units...

Paul Liddiard
Spanish Fork, UT

Date: 01/26/15 18:06
Author: Streamliner

Collect the models YOU like. They can be from just one period or just one road or they can be anything and everything. Personally, I like to collect old, long out of production models that were made in the U.S.A. The prettier the paint jobs, the better. Just enjoy the hobby, that's all that counts.

Date: 01/27/15 01:38
Author: jobrazy

The Reading and Erie Athearn heritage Genesis are two of my favorite from my collection.

Joel Brazy
Coatesville, PA

Date: 01/27/15 05:16
Author: hwb36604

I model the Frisco. And Santa Fe. And Kansas City Southern, Norfolk Southern, Rock Island and Missouri Pacific. I can make the time 1967 or I can make it today. I can run an Heritage ACe with an F7B from railroad that hasn't existed for 30 years. After all its my railroad and I'll run what I want, where I want, when I want. Enjoy what you like

Date: 01/27/15 05:46
Author: JLW2K

I couldn't have said it better myself. Entering this hobby in 2009, I had a very similar photo and collection.I learned then how it feels to be looked down on for collecting, not doing operating sessions, not weathering, etc. There is plenty to do in this great hobby of ours and not many do everything well or have the space to run the trains. Some people just want to collect them. Let them all be and let everyone enjoy the hobby the way they want to enjoy it.
-James

jobrazy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now now.....
> Remember model railroading is what you make it, we
> are here to support, maintain and grow the
> hobby....not to judge others by our own skewed
> vision of what we choose to think is the 'best'
> way. I model things that inspire me. I do not
> model an era or particular RR. I collect, operate,
> and model.....because it's FUN!
>
> Enjoy folks, every collection is good, every
> endeavor that is satisfying is the right one,
>
> J

Posted from Android

Date: 01/27/15 13:57
Author: g-spotter

So far, so good! You may ultimately have a favorite railroad and/or era as time goes on. I did what you have in reverse. First it was Santa Fe all the way, then some UP, and SP, then WP, MP, KCS, BN, CR,D&H, on and on. The journey is a good one. Enjoy it! Your dime, no crime, your railroad and time. ;-)

Date: 01/27/15 15:26
Author: Ohiorailfan

Thanks everyone for the kind words and advice

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.08 seconds