Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Model Railroading > Getting ready for the SHOW!!

Date: 03/06/15 06:43
Getting ready for the SHOW!!
Author: SPED

Every year I go to the Bakersfield train show, it's great fun. This engine is something I may have on my table to sell (I've already become attached to it). It's an Overland Union Pacific C60AC (AC6000CW) that was offered for sale a couple weeks ago, the caption on the sales email said that it "did not run", yep had my name all over it. I stripped all wiring, bulbs, decoder, and installed a LokSound Select decoder and after a little touch-up it'll be ready to go. This thing gave me fits all week, the decoder outputs must be a little different then Tsunami decoders because the resistor values were not going to work according to usual calculations. I finally prevailed last night about 1:00 AM. Yes the lamps are a little less then brilliant but that's the way I install them, they'll never burn out this way. I also have the twin sisters of a different mother cabooses, one Santa Fe and one UP, for delivery to fulfill an order. AND I am still working on a 2-6-6-2 logger engine for my buddy George, he'll be next to me at the train show. I had to change the motor in the logger because it kept back-feeding to the decoder and shutting down. It's been a frustrating week but now I can see the headlight at the rear of the tunnel....motor.
Here is a link to the show: http://gehams.org/bakersfield-train-show/

Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/15 06:46 by SPED.

Date: 03/06/15 07:16
Re: Getting ready for the SHOW!!
Author: superchief73

As always 1st rate work! Looking Sharp!

Javier Cervantes
Castle Rock , CO

Date: 03/06/15 07:53
Author: SPED

This is just one of the hassles I had with these engines, the steam tube solder joint broke during assembly and re-assembly, my "Hotip" resistor tweezers did the job.

Thanks Javier, I did not paint the UP engine, just brought it back to life. The LokSound decoder really brings another dimension to this engine, knowing the MSRP of this engine when new the importers have a challenge adding it to the package.
Ed

Date: 03/07/15 01:00
Author: gandydancer4

I would LOVE to learn how to do all this without making all the mistakes to do so. Any hints on how you learned?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds