Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Model Railroading > Patriotic Model Train Announcement – Amtrak Store

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 07/02/15 08:28
Patriotic Model Train Announcement – Amtrak Store
Author: Railfan83

Amtrak has just annoucened via their tube watching channel the pre-ordering/release of Amtrak's P42 Veterans Locomotive in both HO and N Scale.  The HO version will be modeled by Athearn and the N Scale by Kato.  Each limited collector's edition model comes in an elegant individually numbered box.  These are available for pre-order through Amtrak's Store with expected Ship date of November 2015.  The HO is available for $145.00, the N version is $135.00 

Date: 07/02/15 08:57
Re: Patriotic Model Train Announcement – Amtrak Store
Author: binder001

Thanks for passing along the announcement!  I want a model of Amtrak 42 to honor my father and several of my friends and the Army's restrictions on the use of their ribbons, etc made this an unlikely project.  Glad to see that Amtrak stepped up to do these.   The pre-release photos look good when compared with the photos I took of Amtrak 42 when it visited Lincoln, NE.

I pre-ordered mine.  The unit should come in November, then comes the LEDS and sound card!

Gary B.
Waverly, NE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/15 08:58 by binder001.

Date: 07/02/15 09:04
Author: myjbh1989

Thanks for the headsup. Ordered mine as well.

Date: 07/02/15 09:17
Author: KA7008

This is great, thanks.

Funny how certain people on this forum said it would "never" happen.

Date: 07/02/15 09:47
Author: drolsen

That looks fantastic. I may have to break my rule about not buying models of contemporary prototypes!

Dave

Date: 07/02/15 09:55

I have pre-ordered mine.. to those never going to happen naysayers.... well, never say never!  Pre-productin photos look great.  Would be interested in hearig how many of these models were pre-ordered/sold.

Date: 07/02/15 10:04
Author: brfriedm

For those who need the link

http://store.amtrak.com/

Bruce

Date: 07/02/15 15:04
Author: dh1205

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered one.

Alec

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/02/15 16:20
Author: Notch16

Very nice Fourth of July timing! Kudos to everyone at Athearn, Kato and Amtrak who thought of it and made it happen!

~ BZ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/15 16:21 by Notch16.

Date: 07/02/15 18:05
Author: BruceStikkers

I saw the real thing at Galesburg Railroad Days last weekend with the Amtrak display train. Very nice looking unit.

Bruce Stikkers
St. Joseph, IL

Date: 07/02/15 18:53
Author: EspeeGoldenState

Ordered both a N and HO scale Both are past my timeframe, but I have always wanted one. I believe they are cheaper than the heritage units were, maybe not.

Chris

Date: 07/02/15 20:13
Author: ST214

I really wish the HO version was being done by Kato. Hopefully at some point down the road they will do it.

Date: 07/02/15 21:02
Author: bnsfsd70

Meh.  I have no use for this one, and even if I did, I still don't like the paint job.  I just don't know why Amtrak insisted on the dark grey on the nose.  Not exactly the most photogenic.

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 07/03/15 04:25
Author: RailThunder

I would buy the HO version of this in a flash if done by KATO.  It's an apples to oranges thing, but for me the smoooth drives of my Kato P42s make them hands down winners on my railroad.  I would hope since KATO is doing the N Scale version the licensing would clear fairly easily after the Athearn P42s sell out and they will.  The Athearn unit looks very nice and I'm thrilled Amtrak was able to get it done.  Also, a HUGE thanks to your veterans and troops for your service to our country and to the armed forces leadership that signed off on this to make it happen.

Date: 07/03/15 08:05

bnsfsd70 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Meh.  I have no use for this one, and even if I
> did, I still don't like the paint job.  I just
> don't know why Amtrak insisted on the dark grey on
> the nose.  Not exactly the most photogenic.
>
> - Jeff Carlson

The nose is black, red, white and blue.......

Date: 07/03/15 19:09
Author: EspeeGoldenState

Most likely not done by Kato in HO because of its being a DC only or Sound versions and cost.

I'll take my Athearn and be happy and be glad its being done in plastic at all and not brass. To each their own. I'll install a LokSound in it as well as the heritage units.

Chris

Date: 09/18/15 09:32

I noticed today upon logging into my credit card account that Amtrak Store has charged my account finally for my pre-order of the Veteran's Locomotive.  Has anyone else been charged?  All the information that I have received stated that delivery wont be until November.  I thought the card wasn't to be charged until the item shipped?  Does that mean we can expect the model earlier than November?  Or could it be that since I paid with the Chase Amtrak Guest Rewards Card they are making sure that I get my points before they sever the relationship with Chase September 30th? 

Date: 09/18/15 10:33
Author: drolsen

I'm showing a pending transaction also as if 9/17 (shows up as Staples). Athearn also sent out an email announcement on Wednesday for the model, saying it can be pre-ordered through the Amtrak store. Maybe the credit card charge coincides with some kind of payment that Amtrak had to make to Athearn?

Dave

Date: 09/18/15 10:36

Mine shows Staples as well, but I knew it was from Amtrak.  At least I am not the only one that has been charged.  Thanks for the info.

Date: 09/18/15 14:23
Author: trkspd

Per Matt, the P42s arrived early and should be in stock in about 2 weeks.

Posted from Android

DG .
Unknown, US

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0552 seconds