HO Genesis GP7/9 Diesel Locomotive
HO RTR 50’ PS 5344 Box Car
HO RTR FMC 4700 Covered Hopper
HO RTR Thrall High Side Gondola
HO RTR 57' Trinity Spine Car
HO RTR 40' Derrick Flat
HO RTR 53’ Utility Reefer Trailer

Also some Roundhouse items

I've been interested in Athearn offering more of the coal Thrall High Side gondola's. It appears they are now coming in 3-packs although not sure why since the 5-bay Ornters (also ex-MDC) are still coming in 5-packs.  This run D&RGW "Coal Liners", Commonwealth Edison, BN, ATSF, YDC "Yankeetown" and UP "Coal Liners".

Rio Grande only ever owned 5 of the "Coal Liner" Thralls; this time they are offering all five with a 3 pack and 2 singles. Those can only be repeats of the 5-pack I already have. The UP "Coal Liners" should be new numbers and go with the Rio Grande cars. There are three 3-packs of those plus a single, so 10 new numbers should be. That's a train I run so may pick up some new numbers but I already have a bunch of them.

It's been probably six years since any of the coal Thrall gons were produced so this will be welcome by those who missed out from the earlier runs. Hopefully they will re-run more PSCX and NORX too.

www.athearn.com/Articles/Hobbywire.aspx

Cheers,
Jim Fitch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/16 06:59 by SPDRGWfan.

Date: 06/24/16 07:10
Re: Athearn June Announcement posted
Author: LiveWire

Not sure why you ignore N scale in your post, or don't identify as HO-only in the subject...

Date: 06/24/16 08:22
Author: obsessedfoamer

Come roll with the big dogs, HO baby!!

Date: 06/24/16 08:31
Author: Finderskeepers

Big dogs...you must mean O scale or G scale!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/24/16 09:25
Author: tc

oil cans in n scale way cool 

Date: 06/24/16 19:11
Author: funnelfan

Keep Cool N scalers, he also didn't mention the "roundhouse" shorty stream liner cars, F units and 50' fishbelly gons announced in HO as well.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0407 seconds