Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Model Railroading > RIP Dan Kirlin

Date: 06/24/16 07:52
RIP Dan Kirlin
Author: Finderskeepers

We lost a big and great guy in our hobby with the passing of Dan Kirlin yesterday. Dan was
out working on his property and had a massive heart attack. He was transported to hospital
in Kitchener but they were unable to revive him.

Those on this list who attended model train shows in Southern Ontario, will know of Dan as
the friendly guy who always was so up on the brass model scene as well as Canadian
rolling stock and motive power. Years ago he was a brass importer of CPR wooden baggage
and coaches under the name Kirlin Models. Dan was a huge source of knowledge on western
Canadian motive power in particular- CN F units. He lived for years in Winnipeg before coming
"East" to settle in Kitchener Ont.

I can say that I was shocked and saddened with this news this morning-Dan was a friend and
a very accomplished modeler. He was a motorcycle and snowmobile nut and enjoyed sharing
his many stories of adventures. His knowledge of Canadian railroading and modeling was immense.

If and when details of any service for Dan are announced-it will be posted for all here. My thoughts are
with his wife Dee and his family as well as many, many railfan and modeler friends.

Ron Lipsett
Campbellford Ontario

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/24/16 09:12
Re: RIP Dan Kirlin
Author: calsubd

Condolences to his family and friends

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 06/24/16 12:21
Author: kgmontreal

This is indeed sad.  I hadn' t seen much of Dan in recent years.  He used to be a stalwart at Ottawa train shows and was always a cheerful guy.  His abilities as a researcher will be missed.

Ken Goslett

Date: 06/24/16 12:42
Author: hartrick24

Very sad news to here. I didn't know him but he sounds like a great man to know...

Steve

Date: 06/24/16 14:45
Author: Charls

Dan was a good friend of mine who was also a big Nascar fan which was the subject of many good conversations beside trains
My condoleances to his family
Charls

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0452 seconds