Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Model Railroading > Can this be done: ESU LOK Sound decoders sound upgrade??

Date: 07/01/16 11:07
Can this be done: ESU LOK Sound decoders sound upgrade??
Author: BNSF7755

Hi, I have a couple of Intermountain Railway locomotives that have the first generation factory installed LOK sound decoders (Norfolk Southern Heritage ES44AC). My question is, with a LOK sound programmer can I change that sound file to the newest one that is available? Look forward to your replies.

William

Date: 07/01/16 11:23
Re: Can this be done: ESU LOK Sound decoders sound upgrade??
Author: RioGrandeFan

Yes you can, however there is currently not a newer GEVO sound file available than the one used in the InterMountain locomotives. The GEVO file #73423 on the ESU website is the same file as what is used in the InterMountain units.

When a file does become available, you can replace the existing file with the LokProgrammer and will likely have to use the LokProgrammer software to re-configure the lighting outputs so that everything works properly. This is very easy to do with the software.

Lee Ryan - Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO

Date: 07/01/16 12:34
Author: BNSF7755

Thanks Lee for the information.

William

Date: 07/02/16 04:08
Author: bxmoore

As far as I'm aware, you can't put sounds made for newer decoders like the Select or Loksound 4 into older ones like the 3.5, 3 or 2 (although you can load the earlier downloads into the newer decoders). 

Brian  

Date: 07/02/16 05:33
Author: dh1205

bxmoore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As far as I'm aware, you can't put sounds made
> for newer decoders like the Select or Loksound 4
> into older ones like the 3.5, 3 or 2 (although
> you can load the earlier downloads into the newer
> decoders). 
>
> Brian  

If they are the decoders that came factory installed in the gevos, it won't be a problem to upgrade the sounds. 

Alec

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0646 seconds