Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Model Railroading > Wyoming Central RR received a new locomotive

Date: 09/23/16 14:25
Wyoming Central RR received a new locomotive
Author: Conductor_Pappy

I posted the joy I have of free lance modeling.  Today Wyoming Central Railroad received a 1960's Big Blow.  Wyoming Central RR is owned and operated by a rail fan; so there is no era.  Any thing goes ie.  the Big blow pulling 21st century double stack containers.  All equipment on the WCRR is in prestine condition.  Having the Big Blow on my layout brings back memories of my first year working for the UP and piloting the blows from the roundhouse to their waiting train in the Cheyenne yard in 1968.  Here are some pictures of the Blow operating on the WCRR.
1.  The blow going past Wyoming Central headquarters.
2.  Going by the ore train at Two Harbors
3.Going by Energy.

Date: 09/23/16 14:41
Re: Wyoming Central RR received a new locomotive

4.  going by Viking Taconite
5.  Crossing river
6.  High Balling the City of Industry.
  Thanks Mikel for the help posting these pictures

Date: 09/23/16 15:43
Author: judahrice

Since it's 26, for the haters you can say it was restored.

Date: 09/23/16 16:46
Author: SeaboardMan

Nothing wrong there!  Back when I had a layout it was not unusual to see a big boy pulling a double stack or a 35 car phosphate train from the Bone Valley on SAL trackage rights.

Date: 09/24/16 04:14
Author: acltrainman

Very nice. Mine should be here shortly.
I've heard from a fellow member in our club that it was tricky to get the unit to a dcc adress. Did you have any trouble in doing so. If so do you have any inside info on doing the renumbering in DCC? Thanks for any info you can share.

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL

Date: 09/24/16 05:40
Author: mmosher

I had no problem programming them, one for me and one for a friend.  I programmed each unit separately on Digitrax DSC200.  There's a decoder in the tender too.  A third turbine was programed on the club's Digitrax system.

Michael Mosher
Millville, NJ

Date: 09/24/16 06:59
Author: navarch2

The SP Diesel/Hydraulics from Alco spent time tesing on the NYC, and the Rio Grande KM's did the same thing, and I keep looking at the 3 unit Scale Trains 2nd run ....thinking of pairing an LNG tender with it ...: ) Gas turbines run quite well on natural gas...so perhaps it is aGE/PC joint venture for a gas fired/gas turbine electric locomotive? ....

Now look at what you have done... :)

Bob

Date: 09/24/16 07:24

I do not have DCC.  I am running my turbine on DC.  It runs well.    I would like to get this DCC for this engine, but the cost of converting my other engines ( some of them 40 to 50 years old)  has kept me moving forward on getting DCC.

Date: 09/24/16 10:35
Author: acltrainman

Thank you .

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL

Date: 09/24/16 10:42
Author: tskram

You are not far off with a propane tender behind a turbine. Standard turbine #57 was tested on propane fuel with a shiny propane fuel tender behind. It's available in H0, but at a price...

Date: 09/24/16 14:17
Author: SPDRGWfan

Nice to see one of the ST big blows in action!

Date: 09/25/16 05:57
Author: AlaskaGP49

I am glad you finally have the one engine you have always wanted. It will be fun coming up and operating it with you!

Mikel

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0403 seconds