Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Model Railroading > 2017 Savannah RPM and Gun Shoot

Date: 01/20/17 20:02
2017 Savannah RPM and Gun Shoot
Author: SALGUY

Folks, its that time of year again. Its time for the Savannah RPM and Gun Shoot. This years meet will be held March 30-April 1st. at the Port Wentworth, GA Community Center. The Center is located at 103 Turnberry St, Port Wentworth, GA 31407. You cant miss it as there is a Southern Caboose in the parking lot.

The actual meet itself is planned for March 31 and April 1st. We have setup the evening before the meet. After set up we generally go to dinner and then have a slide show back at the Center.

The meet will open at 8am for those that need to set up. The show kicks off at 9am and will run through 5pm. We will then adjourn for dinner and return to the building for an evening slide show.

Saturday is pretty much the same except we give away door prizes that are donated by manufacturers and dealers at the meet. Generally we have enough door prizes for everybody to get a couple of prizes. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. The meet will close at 4PM on Saturday with clean up to follow. We ask that folks hang around and help clean up. Then its off to dinner and a slide show back at the Center.

The Gun Shoot part of the meet is held Thursday, March 30th. We hold this at the Palachucola Range Turkey Track, Garnett, SC 29922. This is a very nice facility and it is free to use. Last year we had about 10 folks that joined us there and a GREAT time had by all. If you are interested in participating please call me at 6142663864 so we can all be in contact and make further arrangements.

Now, back to the meet. The cost for the weekend is a very affordable 25.00 dollars and that is payable at the door. If you plan on attending please let us know. I can be reached at 614266384 or dblake7@columbus.rr.com.

As with any meet, you, the attendee ARE the key to this meet. Bring yourself, your friends and plenty of models to display. The models can be complete or in any stage of construction. If you do a fair amount of scratch building or bashing please consider a clinic on one of your projects.

We are looking for a few more clinicians for the meet. If you can present a clinic we will waive any admittance fee for the meet. So, present a clinic, attend for free.

Small manufacturers and historical societies are more than welcome at the meet as well. We will allow you 2 tables for free, after that it is 25.00 per table. Also, one admission is allowable for each table.

There will be a table available for sales at the meet as well. We, the organizers, are not in any way responsible for this and all transactions are KNOWN to be between a willing seller and a willing purchaser..

One more thing. PLEASE forward this to any modeling group that you belong to. The more folks that know about this the more folks we can get to attend. Thanks for your assistance with this.

Again, we hope to see you there.

Denis Blake, Dave Lotz, Ken Preston and Carol.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/20/17 20:41
Re: 2017 Savannah RPM and Gun Shoot
Author: bnsfsd70

RPM and gun shoot?  ok...

- Jeff Carlson 

Date: 01/20/17 20:49

It's our 3rd year having the shoot. It's held the day before the meet and is for those of us who like to shoot guns as well as model railroading. It has proven to be pretty popular with some of the guys. If you don't like guns that's fine. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO PARTICIPATE.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/17 21:22 by SALGUY.

Date: 01/20/17 21:14
Author: Hookdragkick

bnsfsd70 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RPM and gun shoot?  ok...
>
> - Jeff Carlson 

Yeah, two things as American as Apple Pie! Don't be a Lib.

I wish I never left Savannah, or I'd be there with my range bag--enjoy yourselves, Salguy!

Posted from Android

Date: 01/20/17 21:28

Hookdragkick Wrote:
> bnsfsd70 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > RPM and gun shoot?  ok...
> >
> > - Jeff Carlson 
>
> Yeah, two things as American as Apple Pie! Don't
> be a Lib.
>
> I wish I never left Savannah, or I'd be there with
> my range bag--enjoy yourselves, Salguy!
>
> Posted from Android

We would be glad to have have you there. We have a great time with it. Usually some pretty cool weapons show up and great guys as well. Several former military types and one or two police officers as well. ARs, AKs SKS' and other cool weapons. Every one let's every one else take a turn with their weapons. No crazy crap, just good ole fun killing some paper.

Date: 01/21/17 01:04
Author: calsubd

any er ah magazine limits? 5, 10, 25 ?,?,?

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 01/21/17 05:34

No limits. I will be running 42 round mags for my AR15s and a 110 round mag for my Ruger 10-22.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/21/17 06:05
Author: ALCO630

bnsfsd70 Wrote:
>
> - Jeff Carlson 

I know I've had a few models that I'd like to take my 12 guage to.

Doug Wetherhold
Macungie, PA

Date: 01/21/17 07:55

ALCO630 Wrote:
> bnsfsd70 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > RPM and gun shoot?  ok...
> >
> > - Jeff Carlson 
>
>
> I know I've had a few models that I'd like to
> take my 12 guage to.

I think we have all had a few of those. There ARE NO shotguns permitted at this range.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/21/17 20:23

Chessie Wrote:
> And unless your name is Todd you have no need
> politicizing the discussion.  Don't like the
> title of the thread, don't read it.  Or put on
> your own RPM meet. 

Chessie, many thanks for coming to our defense. We are responsible gun owners and gun users. Nothing we do is improper or illegal. Our weapons are modern sporting weapons, NOT assault weapons. Folks need to understand the difference.

Posted from Android

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/17 22:39 by SALGUY.

Date: 01/21/17 21:00
Author: Geodyssey

Sounds like a great time, wish I could go this year.  Savannah = good food, good models, good shooting.

Have Fun!

Date: 01/21/17 22:14
Author: Nomad

My only question is...why didn't I think of that?

bnsfsd70 Wrote:
>
> - Jeff Carlson 

Date: 01/22/17 03:27
Author: brfriedm

Of course this is political.  Dennis and his Posse are pushing 2nd amendment rights masked by an RPM meet.  A couple of comments.

1. Folks this is NOT an RPM meet. I have spoken to many RPM folks over the year and they are all embarrassed by this event and wish it was not presented in this fashion. They are all too scared to challenge Dennis on this. Can u blame them?

2. Dennis should rename the meet for what it is. How about "Stand up for your 2nd amendment rights with model trains".  

So many will boycott this meet and others who see this as a Gun promoting event will heavily support it. A dark cloud over our hobby,

Bruce Friedman - Neither a liberal nor anti 2nd amendment

PS - If u want to attack my comments which is fine, man up and sign your full name. Thanks

Date: 01/22/17 08:04

brfriedm Wrote:
> Of course this is political.  Dennis and his
> Posse are pushing 2nd amendment rights masked by
> an RPM meet.  A couple of comments.
>
> 1. Folks this is NOT an RPM meet. I have spoken to
> many RPM folks over the year and they are all
> embarrassed by this event and wish it was not
> presented in this fashion. They are all too scared
> to challenge Dennis on this. Can u blame them?
>
> 2. Dennis should rename the meet for what it is.
> How about "Stand up for your 2nd amendment rights
> with model trains".  
>
> So many will boycott this meet and others who see
> this as a Gun promoting event will heavily support
> it. A dark cloud over our hobby,
>
> Bruce Friedman - Neither a liberal nor anti 2nd
> amendment
>
> PS - If u want to attack my comments which is
> fine, man up and sign your full name. Thanks
>
>  
Bruce, the Shoot is the day before the meet and in a different state. You have no idea what you are talking about. We are not making a political statement, that is not the intent. We are in the Southeast where shooting, hunting and what not are very popular. The majority of our attendees are from Georgia as well. I love how you use the term Possee. Nice use of words to create fear where there is no fear. We are a groups of people that share a common interest, besides just model railroading.

I have never heard anyone say they are embarassed by what we do. You are fabricating facts here. I guess it's called fake news.

Also, to say this is NOT an RPM meet is flat our a lie. We have been having this meet for some 18 years now. We are most certainly modelers and most certainly have clinics, door prizes, model displays, fellowship and friendship. Perhaps, instead of criticizing us, you should join us for the meet. I guarantee you that there are no weapons involved in the RPM part of the weekend.

Bruce, get over yourself. Get off your high horse and simply leave us alone. You have NO idea what you are talking about.

About my name, that easy. Most folks here, including you know who I am, Denis Blake

Posted from Android

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/17 08:35 by SALGUY.

Date: 01/22/17 08:14

Geodyssey Wrote:
> Sounds like a great time, wish I could go this
> year.  Savannah = good food, good models, good
> shooting.
>
> Have Fun!

Correct you are, on all counts. Wish you could be there with us.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/22/17 08:16

Nomad, it just came to a few of us one day. Now we take a few hours, the day before the meet, and go shooting. It's a great time. Perhaps you can join us.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/22/17 12:45
Author: TT

Typical- gun haters can’t stop themselves from lecturing others.  Sounds like the meet is going to be fun, wish I could join you guys. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0729 seconds