Home Open Account Help 272 users online

Model Railroading > Kodachrome projects

Date: 02/13/17 13:03
Kodachrome projects
Author: Chestnut

Attached are some of my recent projects. I started off using undec BLI SD9s, added Details West SD9E details from the SD9 kit, added WOW sound decoders, used micro SMD LED lighting for full effect. I painted the models using Tru-Color paint. Thanks for looking!
Matt

Date: 02/13/17 13:40
Re: Kodachrome projects
Author: Dilworth

beautiful work 

Date: 02/13/17 15:32
Author: MrMRL

Clean lines, solid colors, and crisp closeup photography highlighting the detail work. Looks very professional, thanks for sharing!

Mr. MRL

Date: 02/13/17 15:36

Thank you kindly! Just drill holes in the MV lenses and install tonight should be finished!

Date: 02/13/17 15:40

Last one..

Date: 02/14/17 00:38
Author: Notch16

Nicely done!

What do you use for the Motorola antenna whips?

~ BZ

Date: 02/14/17 04:03
Author: ALCO630

Detail Assoc. makes the base (I don't know the part number off hand). For the whip, I drill #80 through the base and roof and use .010 wire cut 18" above the base.

Notch16 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nicely done!
>
> What do you use for the Motorola antenna whips?
>
> ~ BZ

Posted from Android

Doug Wetherhold
Macungie, PA

Date: 02/14/17 05:13
Author: herronpeter

Great looking locomotives!!  The lettering and numbers, are they dry transfer or decals?  If they are decals, how did you manage to hide the film so well?
Thanks for sharing.

Peter

Date: 02/14/17 05:37

Thanks for the kind replies! After painting, I spray the shells down with Pledge floor finish. I use standard Micro Sol decal softener and finish using testors dullcoat. I used standard Microscale decals. For the antenna, the base is included in the DW SD9E/SD7E detail kit the for the antenna I used guitar wire.
Matt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/17 05:38 by Chestnut.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0458 seconds