Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Model Railroading > Late night project - Plano platforms for my Walthers NSC stacks

Date: 03/08/17 03:59
Late night project - Plano platforms for my Walthers NSC stacks
Author: MrMRL

Can't sleep, decided to play some good music and do some late night modeling...

I've got a bunch (15-ish) of the HO scale Walthers National Steel Car 53' double-stack well cars, singles and draw-bared 3 packers. Some I've had for close to 10 years now, others purchased more recently since Walthers released new contemporary paint schemes within the past year or two. A while back I also purchased a whole stack of Plano etched metal platforms and end stirrups to replace the stock plastic platforms. Well this is the night er... morning, I'm upgrading the fleet. The pics below show some of the different models at various points of the upgrades so far (stock, prepped, installed/painted).

Thanks Plano for offering these awesome upgrades!

Mr. MRL - back to bending, gluing, and painting...

Date: 03/08/17 06:14
Re: Late night project - Plano platforms for my Walthers NSC stac
Author: andrewcastle

Very nice!

Andrew C

Date: 03/08/17 07:59
Author: binder001

They look VERY nice.  For my layout I get frightened off by thinking of the numbers of cars to be modified.  You did a fine job on the bending and assembly.  

Gary B.
Waverly, NE

Date: 03/08/17 08:02
Author: Hookdragkick

Definitely a big difference! Keep up the good work. By the way what genre of music do you usually listen to while modeling?

Posted from Android

Date: 03/08/17 09:21
Author: tracktime

Great stuff!  and awesome work, Mr. MRL!!

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 03/08/17 16:38
Author: bearease

Is'n late night modeling the best?!

Date: 03/08/17 22:37
Author: MrMRL

Hookdragkick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> By the way what genre of music do you
> usually listen to while modeling?
>

Always been a musically tuned individual appreciating a wide variety of styles and genres from jazz and classical to rock and even hip hop. But for personal listening experiences I guess I really enjoy popping in ear buds or good quality audiophile headphones to groove to any of several electronica genres including progressive trance, deep house, even a little drum & bass every now and then. 

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 03/09/17 06:04
Author: Hookdragkick

Word! When modeling, I find old hip hop/gangster rap or Progressive/Trance/French House/Electronica/Trip Hop useful to keep focus. Sometimes, a little string orchestra or quartet covers.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2473 seconds