Home Open Account Help 388 users online

Model Railroading > A new billboard is up!

Date: 05/22/17 11:09
A new billboard is up!
Author: Pattenburg

A few threads back I posed the question that what should I replace my Ringling Brothers billboard with now that the circus is no longer. I answered my own question by placing this newest billboard in service to advertise Dinosaur Land, which is located down in White Post, Virginia. That place actually does exist. The idea for the flying pterodactyl came from a billboard I saw down in Kentucky that advertised another dinosaur land. When I visited the White Post Dinosaur Land their gift shop was selling these pterodactyls and my idea for a new billboard started to take root! I created this ad by scanning in part of their brochure, adding the text up top stating "When in White Post, VA take time to stop in and visit world famous". Down the bottom in black is directions stating "Take exit 307 off of I-81". The two dinosaur images were added by doing a copy and paste procedure. As for those workers they are in the process of cleaning up after pasting up this new advertisement. In the foreground is the Ringling Brothers billboard advertising their engagement in Trenton, NJ. Despite RBB&B ceasing operations it shall continue to live on in my train layout. That original thread's link has been pasted below.

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,4291898

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/17 11:27 by Pattenburg.

Date: 05/22/17 12:08
Re: A new billboard is up!
Author: birdman

Sad, but true to life, and timely too. Perhaps the old billboard could be going to a museum!?!!

Date: 05/22/17 19:16
Re: A new billboard is up!
Author: holiwood

Pass by there frequently. Now my int rest is up and I
am going to stop in when I go out trainwatching. been
years since I visited Dinosaur Land

hollywood
NS B Line MP 74 (about 40 miles south of Dinosaur Land)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0637 seconds