Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Model Railroading > Expanding my NCE DCC

Date: 11/25/17 07:30
Expanding my NCE DCC
Author: JUTower

Hi all,
I have an NCE PowerCab Pro R system with the wireless throttle. I’m going to need to add my first booster, another 5A. Not sure if the DB5 will work with this or if I should bother with the SB5. Any advice? Also, I see that the EB1 circuit breaker board seems to be deprecated, but I don’t like the idea of the DB6 and it’s old fashioned fuses. What do y’all suggest?
Thanks!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/25/17 12:26
Re: Expanding my NCE DCC
Author: Jimmies

About all I can suggest is to call or email Tony's Train Exchange. They deal in NCE and seem to know plenty about DCC systems. Just google them to get to their website and contact information.

Jim

Date: 11/25/17 18:45
Re: Expanding my NCE DCC
Author: hdralleiii

The SB5 would be the best option to expand a PowerCab system, short of purchasing a a full blown NCE system... The SB5 will function as a command station and the Power Cab effectively becomes a ProCab throttle. The original PowerCab panel can be utilized seperately from the SB5 for programming or another layout or DCC powered track.

HD

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0456 seconds