Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Model Railroading > Caboose

Date: 12/10/17 21:56
Caboose
Author: EricSP

Has anyone ordered anything from Caboose (successor to Caboose Hobbies)? If so, what was you're experience?

Date: 12/10/17 23:07
Re: Caboose
Author: sphauler

Good experience. Love the free shipping over $100.00

sphauler

Date: 12/11/17 01:42
Author: EricSP

Thanks

Date: 12/11/17 02:37
Author: dan

i still havn't found the place saving me $$.

all thou the time is near

Date: 12/11/17 04:02
Author: SPDRGWfan

How are the prices compared to the old Caboose Hobbies? Occasionally I used to order from Caboose Hobbies and their prices were usually nominally higher than MB Kleins or other discount vendors, but not by a lot.

Cheers, Jim Fitch

Date: 12/11/17 04:43
Author: pmirick

Old Caboose was my go to place for preorders but have not ordered anything from new Caboose because I find their web site a challenge to use. Is this just me.

Date: 12/11/17 04:46
Author: Bob3985

dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i still havn't found the place saving me $$.
>
> all thou the time is near

Hi Dan,
I have been ordering my model railroad supplies thru our local dealer here in Cheyenne, ChooChooAreUS. They give good discounts and are a good dealer for most HO products. They are a very active Walthers/Broadway dealer. The only manufacturer that they cannot get is Athearn due to the requirement for a brick and mortar operation. They have a good supply of items and can receive order requests from Walthers quickly. They also are vendors at many of the train shows too.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 12/11/17 08:54
Author: nkp746

NO- not just you. I also struggle with their new web site. I gave up- never could find anything (the old site had much better organization and searchability) I used to preorder nearly everything on the old Caboose site. Perhaps they have fixed it; like I said I gave up and moved on. They shipped the last of my existing preorders and I haven't purchased anything else from them.

I'm not anti-New Caboose, they just need to improve the web site experience.

pmirick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Old Caboose was my go to place for preorders but
> have not ordered anything from new Caboose because
> I find their web site a challenge to use. Is this
> just me.

Rob Bennett
Fairview, PA
http://youtube.com/user/SirDopeyTheBear/featured

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0452 seconds