Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Model Railroading > Another Notch on the Onondaga Cutoff

Date: 03/14/18 05:34
Another Notch on the Onondaga Cutoff
Author: RGDave

One more step ahead! We're getting closer to 'finished but not complete' at the scene described last week on the Minoa & Euclid, along the Onondaga Cutoff.

With a narrow and awkward spot to locate Central Plastics, a consignee along the M&E, coming up with a plausible structure was difficult. Eventually I decided a plane jane modern sheet metal construct would be best, and tall enough to help hide the grade behind. For this I turned to scratchbuilding a structure, which was a new task for me. I used JPP styrene corrugated plastic siding and plastruct strips to fabricate the building, and think it does a plausible job of suggesting a larger plastics molding facility off the layout.

1. Here's the car entrance door at Central Plastics, with the new retaining walls to the left, and as requested by a few readers my first draft of scenery around the drain pipe behind the new consignee. This will all be considerably more wooded in as time goes on - time for me to make another batch or two of supertrees.

2. An overview showing the whole area. Some signage and building details have yet to be added, although this view shows how effective the scenery is in hiding the grade!

3. A view looking to the other side of the aisle at the same spot. This is Onondaga Yard, with local WAON-10 arriving, and mainline freight NFSE passing on its eastbound journey from Niagara Falls NY to Selkirk NY.

Thanks for looking!
~RGDave
http://onondagacutoff.blogspot.com/

Date: 03/14/18 07:23
Re: Another Notch on the Onondaga Cutoff
Author: lirrman

Nice work, as always, Dave. If I was a tagger, I'd just be itching to shake up a couple of rattle cans and start decorating that blank canvas.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0458 seconds