Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Model Railroading > Need Something to do. Help!

Date: 10/11/02 14:54
Need Something to do. Help!
Author: SHAYKIDD2001

Can someone tell me a(some) 1 day to a week project to do? I am away from my trains. Would like to do somekind of house, building, track side structure old or modern?

Thanks
Cory McDonie

Date: 10/11/02 15:13
Re: Need Something to do. Help!
Author: WrongWayMurphy

You could start by cleaning up your room :~)

I would be hesitant to oblige as every "one week"
project I undertake ends up taking two months.

However since you asked, I would find a structure in your town that you find appealing,
then go to your hobby shop and buy some styrene
sheet, styrene strips, angle, other structural shapes required, maybe some window & door castings, some styrene cement and build the object of your affection from scratch. Its
actually a lot of fun if you just give it a try.

Date: 10/11/02 15:17
Author: tehachapifan

Are you near a hobby shop or do you have to scratchbuild something entirely?

Obviously some kind of kit would be a good choice.
However, if you have no access to kits but you have access to styrene and some basic materials, how about a simple tilt-up type building (like a warehouse or industrial bldg). You can use sandpaper for the tar & gravel roof.

Russ

Date: 10/11/02 15:48
Re: Need Something to do. Help!links

how about some links to some websites im kinda isolated from every thing but a computer and model supplies

Date: 10/11/02 21:11
Author: dnuck

The "universal" privy, outhouse, or necessary, always in need in "rural" wherever you happen to be, and always an eye catcher. Materials include 5 small pieces of gray styrene, paint gray or brown after scribing to simulate boards, inside "seat" with one figure (either sex) inside and another standing outside, waitin\' - colors to fit the countryside, maybe a few weeds or rocks on the ground, etc., lots of imagination; place anywhere away from public buildings........ and Have Fun!
dnuck

Date: 10/12/02 06:56
Author: shortliner

Corie
Try http://carendt.com or even <www.google.com>
between the two of them you should find something!
Shortliner (Jack) in the Highlands

Date: 10/12/02 07:26
Author: Doc

When I have spare time (no...train time is not considered spare time) I hunt for weeds to make trees with. Long walks with the dogs usually yeild arm fulls of potential forest, and strange looks from passerbys!

Date: 10/12/02 14:03
Author: yellowlynn

Yo SHAKYKIDD,

If you want a few ideas, and you\'re at a computer, go to the guage forum, the archives, and then academy. Shamus has a lot of things to scratch build t6here.

Lynn

Date: 10/14/02 16:59

Thanks

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0453 seconds