Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Model Railroading > Looking for a source of styrene sheet

Date: 08/12/18 16:29
Looking for a source of styrene sheet
Author: Mautner

I plan on doing some scratchbuilding of structures in O scale.I am looking for a source of styrene sheet ,preferably ribbed.In the past I have used Evergreen but the price adds up fast for the ammount I need.
                                                                                                                                                                    Thanks in advance, Mike

Mike Mautner
Maryland Hts., MO

Date: 08/12/18 16:53
Re: Looking for a source of styrene sheet
Author: sixaxlecentury

Plain styrene sheet is avalible in 4x8' sheets at most platic supply houses, usually about 15$.  The ribbed stuff I doubt you will find outside of Evergreen.  

Date: 08/12/18 17:32
Author: BigDave

Date: 08/13/18 08:08
Author: faraway

Architects build models from styrene. They buy it in large qualities. Do you have a college or university close by teaching architecture? Ask one of the professors for a supplier.

Date: 08/13/18 18:40
Author: mkerner

Cope Plastics has large plain sheets in the St Louis area. If your talking ribbed as in board and batten siding or tilt up concrete buildings you could cut strips out of sheet on a table saw with a fine tooth paneling blade.
Michael t Kerner
Collinsville, IL

Posted from Android

Date: 08/13/18 18:50
Author: wabash2800

Perhaps you could scribe the lines for siding into the sheet with a jig? A lazer cutter might do it too but that might more than what you want to invest.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0345 seconds