Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Model Railroading > Cold Weather w/ wind equals Excuse to Shoot Trains

Date: 12/08/18 16:19
Cold Weather w/ wind equals Excuse to Shoot Trains
Author: grandroad

The weather has been cold and windy so that makes a good excuse to go down stairs and shoot some train pictures.
1) The RODNEX (Roseville to Denver Expedited) is on an often photographed curve. The two DPUs are positioned in the middle of a series of gondolas loaded with scrap steel. 
2) & 3) The same train is in the next two photos as it passes the Terror Creek depot. The first shot is of the lead units and the second is of the DPUs.
Thanks for looking.

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

Date: 12/08/18 18:53
Re: Cold Weather w/ wind equals Excuse to Shoot Trains
Author: patd3985

Great work! I'm just wondering how you make the clouds change in every shot? They are different over the small peak in the background of shots 2 & 3. This is a model...Right?...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/18 18:55 by patd3985.

Date: 12/08/18 20:57

patd3985, They are photoshoped in. I do this because I have to hang the photo floods off a valence and they end up casting shadows of the trees on the backdrop. That bothers me because there are no shadows on the sky in the real world. I tried erasing the shadows with PSE and that took forever, it was easier and quicker to just cut the sky out and put a new one in.

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

Date: 12/09/18 05:15
Author: algoma11

Everytime I see your photos I'm amazed its N Scale- Excellent

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 12/09/18 10:30
Author: bath_wildcat

I know you probably posted your roster before, but what exactly do you have for power?  Im a bit curious as im seeing quite a bit in your photos.  

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 12/09/18 20:59

Mike,engine roster features all AC traction motor engines. All my DC traction motor engines have been assigned to NTrak duty. Here is the head count: Six SD70MACs, six SD90/43MACs, seven SD70ACEs, finally seven ES44ACes. Plus 3 P42s for Amtrak. All power is Kato except four Fox Valley ES44ACs. Thanks for your interest.

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

Date: 12/10/18 05:05
Author: RGDave

Great photography and modeling.  Nice work!

~RGDave
https://onondagacutoff.blogspot.com/

Date: 12/12/18 19:11
Author: wabash2800

Thanks for sharing your layout and photos. What kind of equipment do you use to photograph your model railroad? I especially note the great depth of field.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Date: 12/13/18 05:35
Author: ns1000

Very nice..!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0486 seconds